Team Continental - ORP Founders Grand Prix is now open on motorsportreg.com

Norm and Ian Smith with the Legends group will not be making the trip to ORP next week. Ian's motor didn't ship and as much as I would like to think I might finally beat him if he ran with no motor we have to withdraw at this time. That includes the Friday session too.
With much sadness,
Norm Smith
#11 Legends

Is there a picture of the paddock?
Can't we park our RVs outside of the paddock surface?
I have half of my race stuff in the RV, the rest in the trailer.
The RV has the shade, the chairs and half the tools.

Where does the trailer go?

I could better understand all of this if there was a pic of the paddocks...

Bill,

You can see an aerial picture of the track on the ORP web site under IMAGE GALLERY & VIDEOS.
The paddock and per grid are on the east side of the track.

Who many people are in your group?

For example;
9 cars in a group.
Working together you may be assigned 7=10’-20’ spaces and 2 =10’-59’ spaces.
That is enough room to pit in, with 2 support trailers to work out of for the group.

The key is to work together.

There is graveled parking at the gate, quarry, and possibly the graveled paddock south of the pregrid.

If the weather is dry parking in the field east of the paddock “may” be available, if it is not dry the soil gets really slippery.

We will be there to assist everyone in finding their assigned space/spaces.

Hope that answers you questions.

Remember to turn left at turn # 1

John Rissberger
# 10 Camaro A/S Oregon
ICSCC & SCCA
Tech and Assistant Paddock Marshal

Bill,

Remember to turn left at turn # 1

Trying to put them in the weeds before they get to the track? Whether running clockwise or counter-clockwise, the first corner away from the start finish line is a RIGHT turn. Or are you just picking on the poor newbies coming to the track for the first time?

Bill - the paved ORP paddock is on a fenced "plateau". There's a sharp dropoff to the east (where the open space is) and the paddock access road runs by at the bottom. So you can't pull your RV and trailer just off the pavement adjacent to your paved pit space. A bunch of guys in my class - 8 or 10 of us - are going to put our tools and tires and spares in one trailer and work out of that in the paddock. I know that the TC guys are working hard to use the available space effectively and divide it up equitably. Be flexible and work with them - this is a first for everybody and there will be kinks and snags. But if we all cooperate it will work out.

Trying to put them in the weeds before they get to the track? Whether running clockwise or counter-clockwise, the first corner away from the start finish line is a RIGHT turn. Or are you just picking on the poor newbies coming to the track for the first time?

Ever see the movie CARS?

When you blow turn # 1 turn left to make the car go right :)-)

Have Fun ! and Be Safe !

John R.

The PDF is a great help. Thanks Mark.

John R. -- Dibs on one 10x59!
Seriously, how do we get spots assigned that work with our group?
As this hour I'm not even sure who is going!

Are RVs allowed as one space in the paddock?

Bill-
Jeff Bizzell was working on spots for our PRO-7 group. You might give him a call to make sure. Duane

Last edited:
The PDF is a great help. Thanks Mark.

John R. -- Dibs on one 10x59!
Seriously, how do we get spots assigned that work with our group?
As this hour I'm not even sure who is going!

Are RVs allowed as one space in the paddock?

Bill,

Goal # 1 is every one has a spot on the asphalt for there car, if you want to pit on the gravel that is possible too.

When you register on Motorsportsreg.com it will ask you how long your trailer is and who you what to pit with.
If you sent your entry in by snail-male contact Linda and let them know that information.

Race chair has a program to assign space/spaces.

How you use your groups space is up to you, trailer, or what ever.
Just work with you neighbors.

You may assume the 47=10x59’ will be allocated to groups of cars for their trailer or what ever first.

Throw in 8or10, 56’ semi trailers in the mix and you can see the need for assistance in finding you space/spaces.

We will Keep a smile on our faces and we can make this happen.

Thank you,

John R.

Oh turn left.

Doc Hudson: I'll put it simple. If you're going hard enough left, you'll find yourself turning right.

Lightning McQueen: Oh, right. That makes perfect sense. Turn right to go left. Yes, thank you! Or should I say, no, thank you! Because in Opposite World, maybe that really means thank you. [drives off, spraying dust in Doc's face] Crazy grandpa car.

Last edited:
Thanks John. Thankless task, no doubt.
I'm all signed up and ready to go (I am, the trailer isn't as now I have to fit an RV awning!)
Heaven help the people around me when I attempt to back up an RV and trailer into my spot.

We have our point guy, Jeff "It's Salmon" Bizzell, running you guys rabid figuring out how/when/why to set up the Pro 7 pits!

FYI-- during my time running the Cascade DT, we have had a policy of not mixing OW w/ CW cars, especially as all of our groups allow street drivers.
I would support TC in not mixing them at ORP as that track has many more possibilities for visibility issues between the two types.

Cascade's DT at PIR is still offering the OW session at the end of day. It is not dependent upon the CW car count. If you want the practice time at PIR, just sign up online.

Thursday Night Parking @ ORP

I guess I should post it here.

Hope I did not miss this elsewhere.

We are coming down Thursday night. Won't get there until 10:00PM +/-.

Where can we park?

Thanks

wheres all the spec miata guys. No Bockman? How about the ST and SPO guys? Really looking forward to this event. Its going to be a blast and I cant wait to how the racing plays out. Good Luck to all making the trip to ORP. Have a safe and fun drive.

Last look had 170+ entries overall. It's right there with the first two ICSCC events this year. Pack an extra tarp...

Gary may be sneeking down to support the MX5 Playboys... and girls. Not a bad time to do some elbow bending with those Miata-type sponsor folks either. But that's mere conjecture.

Last edited:
Back