Team Continental - ORP Founders Grand Prix is now open on motorsportreg.com

How many Pro 3 cars could we have? I love the racing they put on. Another one of my favorits to announce.

Finally had a chance to go by ORP. Boy, is it in the middle of no where. The only RUNNING water, will be what you pour on the ground. Unless you have a RV, here is the bottom line......NO WATER, NO POWER , (except your generator), NO SHOWER, NO TREES, NO GREEN GRASS. Bring it with you or do with out.....

No different then when Thunderhill started operations. Give um time.

Brush the rocks from the tires as best you can Rich, then run em until they get warm and the rest falls away.

Not always. I've mounted up more than one 'good used' slick to find it's a leaker.
Throw it in the tub, and... ohhh... that's a rock. All the way through.
It's a bummer. But it happens.

I'm not going to make ORP either, due to family and fiscal concerns.
Actually, the RV will still be in Arizona, and that's the really big nail
in the coffin.

I never considered myself to be the kind of person who had
any use at all for RV's. Then I started racing. Now I have a use for one...

t

They are still holding air in that photo, but they are Hoosiers after all, so maybe you should toss em!

They are still holding air in that photo, but they are Hoosiers after all, so maybe you should toss em!

Long gone, Wes. That happened during the 2008 season at Pacific. Immediately after that, I had 'accidentaly' purchased a set of R45's which went on the car instead of R35's. That caused Jeff to spin at T-5 (NOT the corner where you want to find out you have less grip then expected) on the opening lap while in 2nd place. About 2 laps later, the right lower A-arm shear mount broke causing him to spin in T-5B ending his race and costing another $450 for an A-arm and mount. Such is racing.

Purchased 3 sets of 2 heat cycles only Goodyears over the winter. But it doesn't look like he will get to try them.. :(

Last edited:
I remember that shunt, and it is truly not a good place to have suspension issues. Never liked Hoosiers, but the Goodyears should give you some consistency. Bruce Boyd and I scored 8 sets of Goodyear take-offs in good shape earlier this year, so we plan to run some FF instead of CF until they wear out.
Pulled my gearbox today and the F3 clutch disc broke off a one quarter piece, which is now lying somewhere on the back straight at PR. No other damage apparent, so we'll back on the road soon.
Sorry about the continued thread hijack, but it looks to have run its course anyway. But let me tell you about the water mocassin I ran into on the Chattachoochee in the 60's! Well, some other time perhaps...

Last edited:
6 entries in Grp 3, and 6 entries in Grp 6. Those are good indicators. 114 total now. That '64 Marauder is gonna be there too.

Still some room left in the drivers school. Get the leg up on the competition. Bring a friend. This is going to be a great weekend. And dont forget about the party on Saturday night. The only question is " Who will hold the First Ever track record at ORP"?

The only question is " Who will hold the First Ever track record at ORP"?

I think some one in Group # 4 will be the first track record as they are the first group out.

HHHMMMM I am in Group 4 maybe just maybe.

Remember to turn left at turn # 1.

John Rissberger
# 10 Camaro A/S Oregon

Last edited:
I've been waiting to get my IRR # before I register.... still dunno when that is going to happen. I think Karen is real busy. If I register with my Novice number, but it changes before the race, can I change my entry later?

Thanks
Steve

I have been looking for a difinitive answer to the question of track time on Fri. I talked with Bill Murray and he says that group 4 at the school is for those wanting to lap and learn the track but only for closed wheel. Is there any provision for open wheel track time? I have tried to contact the TC school guru but no answer. Can anyone with TC answer this? Several of us are planning to attend the event and would be there Fri if we can run. I know that some have entered the school in the belief that they will get time. It would be a shame to travel out there only to find that it is closed wheel only.

It's very tough to get an OW session planned and executed for a 'Conference' DT. The rule set prohibits mixing OW/CW, so their needs to be advanced planning/advertising to get enough OW entries to present an OW group throughout the day. CSCC has invited, and been moderately successful in getting enough OW at the same time to provide some track time at the end of the day. But even at that, it's spotty whether it happens because there is, at times, a wait list for CW too.

Keep pounding on the TC Driving Master's door. They need to hear, and respond.

Otherwise, someone may even think that they're rookie/novice/probies at this game.

Shem,
I am trying to get you an answer. As the past Driving Master for TC we have only allowed closed wheel cars at our schools. With that said, we have never experienced the kind of turn out from licensed racers like ths school is attracting. I have a call into Duane Starr to discuss this and I will post the results of that discussion on this forum.

Do you have any idea of the car count that you spee of? There are currently 4 OW cars signed up. This includes 2 legend cars.

Thanks,
Mark

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but there is no specific prohibition against combining OW and CW for Driver Training days or test days contained in the C/R or the P & P. The C/R and P & P applies specifically to races, with a specific definition that incudes competition, which is not an element of DT or test days. In fact, 1305 A. was revised to allow Legends to be combined with production classes for special races, but again, this is germane to races, not other events. Additionally, 703 E. allows for Formula, Sports Racers and production cars to be combined for training purposes.

Thanks, Ken and Mark, I know that the OW crowd can be iffy especially at PIR and PR but this is a brand new track hence the many entries for the tranining. I know of myself, Larry Bangert, Neil Shelton, James Hepburn, maybe Boyd, Wes?, haven't heard of any others, perhaps JC. I appreciate you looking into it. Still trying to dump a shift at work on Thur for travel, or it will be a late night.

Okay, some rules have changed. I'm just sayin'...

Mayhaps I'll need to be brought up to speed on that issue? I could be out of school on this too.

We all recognize that it's important to provide as much T-n-T/seat time for OW as possible, and that has always been an important issue. Especially, if we expect the classes to continue to grow.

Another thread may help to illuminate those that don't recognize those changes... yet. And too, may eliminate some confusion as to the differences.

Randy,
You may be correct! I unfortunately was witness to a FF spinning in front of 7 to 10 street cars during a school at PIR. We were very lucky that nobody was hurt or even worse. At that moment TC took the stance that we will not mix the two. If there are enough OW cars for this school I am sure we will figure a way to accomadate them, I just need to get clarification from the Driving Master as it is his show.

Is there a picture of the paddock?
Can't we park our RVs outside of the paddock surface?
I have half of my race stuff in the RV, the rest in the trailer.
The RV has the shade, the chairs and half the tools.

Where does the trailer go?

I could better understand all of this if there was a pic of the paddocks...

Last edited:
You might Email Mark directly on some of those questions or our race chair Steve. They would be able to answer them in more detail.

Back