Race announcement-kart enduro

FWIW, go to the Apex site and look at the top 100 for the month.

I'm about 62nd with a 31.07.

Man, I gotta start pedaling soon :D

So Scott I was just curious what kind of lap times have you turned at Apex if you've been?

C

I have not been yet. But based on the times my teammates ran and what I do with them normally we will be good.

And no I am not going to tell you. The data is top secret, I would have to send Jack Bauer after you if I told you.

Stay tuned for video at 11.;)

A couple of other quick rules to cover.

Hi Guys,

I thought I should mention, before you travel all this way with the wrong gear and get pissed........

Helmets need to be Full Face with Face Shield - DOT and/or SNELL Approved. I will also accept traditional open helmets with a full bubble shield.

Shoes need to be closed toed - no sandal or flip flops.

Don't bother brining a neck brace, transfer of the neck brace during the drivers change is part of the fun! (and one of the rules).

Recommended (but not mandatory) items: Race Shoes, Gloves, Long Sleeves, Long Pants. Soooooooo......the only required items are closed toed shoes, full face helment w/shield and a neck brace. What you choose to wear (or not wear:eek: is up to you! ( I just hope somebody doesn't decide to wear ONLY the required gear! - That could be WAY to much information!!!!)

Walker (your ever so humble host and marshall)

Walker,

Are you going to have pads that might help keep my 'athletic' build from rattling around in the seat? I had quite a bit of room on either side when I was down there last week.

Quick question.

For those of us that dont have our own helmet I would presume that they are available there for rent from the facility????

Correct, they are available to us as well as driving suits if you so choose. Included in the price, no extra fee.

RP

Thats what I figured, just didnt want to find out they hard way that I needed to bring my own, since I dont have one. thanks.

Seat Pads?

Scott,

We don't have seat pads. Not really planning on getting any. I suggest starting on a disciplined regimine of Crisp Creme's immediately! 4 Crispy Creme's per hour for a minimum of 12 hours per day, 7 days a week until the race.

Walker

Scott,

We don't have seat pads. Not really planning on getting any. I suggest starting on a disciplined regimine of Crisp Creme's immediately! 4 Crispy Creme's per hour for a minimum of 12 hours per day, 7 days a week until the race.

Walker

Ha! When you meet Scooter, you'll understand...all that diet will do is make him really hyper...I don't think the dude is capable of gaining a pound!:rolleyes:

Me on the other hand...donut anyone?

Rules?

Having not be to Apex yet (but soon look for the Grouch Marx nose and glasses kit) I have a question about the driver change.
The neck brace hand off....lanes close enough for handing from one kart to the other? Or is a "toss n catch" required?

How are the karts to be staged?

If I pull in 4th kart back and my teammate is 1st kart in the other lane I assume it will be up to me to get my lazy butt out of the kart (arm pump and all) and get the brace to my teammate?
Or can he come get it from me?
Or can another teammate carry out the transfer?

Who will be signaling that pit lane is "clear" and you must pit to avoid a penalty?
I would think a 1 lap grace period would be prudent?

It seems that the "pit queue" is going to be extremely critical especially if you can be the first one in.....
Thanks
:D

Me on the other hand...donut anyone?

(Say in best Homer Simpson voice)-MMMM Donuts, is there anything they can't do?

Man I used to love those Krispy Cremes :p

Been over a year :( can't have them anymore Dr's orders (along with anything esle you can think of you like). :rolleyes:

Boy I miss those!

Having not be to Apex yet (but soon look for the Grouch Marx nose and glasses kit) I have a question about the driver change.
The neck brace hand off....lanes close enough for handing from one kart to the other? Or is a "toss n catch" required?

How are the karts to be staged?

If I pull in 4th kart back and my teammate is 1st kart in the other lane I assume it will be up to me to get my lazy butt out of the kart (arm pump and all) and get the brace to my teammate?
Or can he come get it from me?
Or can another teammate carry out the transfer?

Who will be signaling that pit lane is "clear" and you must pit to avoid a penalty?
I would think a 1 lap grace period would be prudent?

It seems that the "pit queue" is going to be extremely critical especially if you can be the first one in.....
Thanks
:D

Scott, will be addressed in this thread (Kart Enduro Rules) http://www.icscc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62

The deadline for team confirmation is 5 p.m., 1/21/09. Teams not confirmed by this time and date will be replaced without notice by a team or teams currently on a wait list. Teams are all confirmed, thank you.

Confirmation consists of any one person from each team assuming the role of team captain, and assuming on their word, the responsibility for the team entry fee in whole. Entry fee is due in full, whether the team has a full roster, or shows up at the track at all.

Teams confirmed to date are;

Team #1, Team Captain Dave Haire

Team #2, Team Captain Patrick Boyle

Team #3, Team Captain Kyle Nickles

Team #4, Team Captain Scott Norton

Team #5, Team Captain Michael Conatore

Team #6, Team Captain Curtis Creager

Team #7, Team Captain Pro7racer

Team #8, Team Captain Scott Haun

Team #9, Team Captain Wes Tipton

Team #10, Team Captain "Holeshot" Hanken

Teams are welcome to substitute or excuse members at their discretion at any time except for the team captain, who again has the responsibility for the team entry fee in whole. Teams are not required to have 6 drivers, only a minimum of 2 drivers. Entry fee will not be reduced for teams with less than 6 drivers.

We have a large wait list of people in the case that a team wants or needs additional members.

That is all.

Last edited:
Team #1,
the Loren Wallace Wanna-be's,
will be there.

warrenwallace6_75-onpitrow.jpg

The schooling is about to begin, my friends....

Back