Race announcement-kart enduro

Looking forward to making the trip and being considered a Local. Yokle I had down pat a number of years ago. If I am Team Captain by decree I cry foul. It is really a whine. If I have to DO anything then I will cry.

Still no firm answer on the fuel towers.

Is there a spec tire or can we bring one of our specials??? Does the Steward mark the tires prior to the race?

As far as my car, I am the guy all you group 2 folks usually pass, Tweety (yellow 510).

too funny, I am bummed I missed the first round of team selections. You should have a total crew weight requirement or beer handicap...

Looking forward to making the trip and being considered a Local. Yokle I had down pat a number of years ago. If I am Team Captain by decree I cry foul. It is really a whine. If I have to DO anything then I will cry.

Still no firm answer on the fuel towers.

Is there a spec tire or can we bring one of our specials??? Does the Steward mark the tires prior to the race?

As far as my car, I am the guy all you group 2 folks usually pass, Tweety (yellow 510).

Let me think about the fuel towers for a minute.....................

NO! NO! NO! :D

Terry O. is looking for a ride if one comes up. He just got back from Mexico and is wondering if missing the cart race was worth it.:confused:

retroracingteam.com

Rod and Randy,

When are we going to see the rules about driver changes, fueling etc.?

Cheers,
Curtis

Curtis, I hope to have them up mid week, I got bogged down in a remodel at my daughters house. 3 hour job, started Sat, worked 24 hours thus far.

Should be done by Wed :)

RP

I look forward to hosting all of you!

Hello,

My name is Walker Armstrong, and I am the CEO of Apex Karting in Tumwater, WA. I look forward to hosting your upcoming 6 hour endurance race at my little establishment.

Rod, with my input, will be putting the rules of the race together shortly. As Rod has posted ealier, I have run endurance races here before, and we have a fairly good set of rules already established.

While I'm introducing myself, I suppose I should tell you that I'm going to be the one holding the remote control for the rev limiting system (most of the time at least). Our rules for using the rev limiter are simple: Karting is a no contact sport, so if you contact another kart or contact a wall you get a 15 second penalty with the RPM limited to 3000 (max RPM is 5500). There will be two or three other track marshals with radios watching the race, and if they call in with a kart number I will penalize them - even if I didn't personally see the contact. There are two other times we give a team a penalty: entering a pit lane for a drivers change when the pit lane is not empty; and failing to make a drivers change during the indicated drivers change period. The first earns a 15 second penalty, the second earns a penalty for the entire lap.

Rod has assured me that this will be some of the most awesome racing I have ever seen yet. He also assures me that this will also be some of the cleanest racing I've seen yet so I don't really expect to be using the rev limiter much :)

Anyway,

Once again, I look forward to hosting your upcoming race and the "Test and Tune" on Friday before the race.

Walker

PS Should any of you want inside information, or speed tips and tricks, I can be bought!:D

Rod has assured me that this will be some of the most awesome racing I have ever seen yet. He also assures me that this will also be some of the cleanest racing I've seen yet so I don't really expect to be using the rev limiter much :)
Anyway,
Once again, I look forward to hosting your upcoming race and the "Test and Tune" on Friday before the race.
Walker

PS Should any of you want inside information, or speed tips and tricks, I can be bought!:D

Mr. Armstrong as Team Co-Principle of Martini Racing Team & Olive Eating Society I want to publicly thank you for hosting this extremely important event. We welcome you holding the “penalty button”.

Several of my Teammates visited your facility “undercover” last Saturday and found the facility, track, and the karts suit our needs very well.

Per our previous phone conversion on 1/5/09 our Agent Jack Bauer (formerly of CTU) will meet with you today so you can select your preference of either;
1. Un-circulated Kugerrand gold Coins
2. Uncut conflict Diamonds
3. Un-negotiated Bearer Bonds

This will complete our arrangement prior to the event as agreed.

Also as we agreed you will be left out of the live Martini Racing Team & Olive Eating Society live press conference on Speedchannel hosted by Robin Miller during the “Speed News” program this Sunday.

See you at our arranged time for our exclusive “closed practice” session for our team.

Scott Norton Co-Principle Martini Racing Team & Olive Eating Society
:cool:

As "Captin by designation/resignation" of the Local Yokels I too want to thank you for this opportunity. However, unlike the apparently wealthy and prosperous Martini Racing Team & Olive Eating Society (you guys really need to shorten that or use an abbreviation,, I got capral tunnel in both wrists just from typing out the name!) I can not offer cash as payment for the "incentive" they are alluding to. I can offer a more healthy choice - that of several tons of fresh blueberries right off the bush this season from my farm. if you should so desire.

Think of it as a not traceable (who wants to trace the end product???) donation as opposed to diamonds, kugerrands or bonds??

However, unlike the apparently wealthy and prosperous Martini Racing Team & Olive Eating Society (you guys really need to shorten that or use an abbreviation,, I got capral tunnel in both wrists just from typing out the name!) QUOTE]

Kyle, if typing our team name is giving you carpal tunnel might I suggest this brace.

One for each hand. If typing is an issue then the Karting stints surely will be! :p

I need to take a nap. All this reading has strained my eyes.

I seem to only experience the pain when typing a certain teams long name. Local Yokels is only 12 letters including the space, vs 42.

Thanks for the suggestion on the brace though. If it you really think it will help me go faster I'll try it (NOT)!!!

Back