Mission entry fee confusion

rsracer

There seems to be a little confusion about the entry fee for the upcomming race at Mission June 26 and 27. This is a double race weekend. The $ 260.00 entry is for BOTH days ,not per day. I hope with this attractive pricing we will have many of you making the treck north. Sunny weather is forcasted. Friday is a practice day 10:00 am til 4:00 pm .. $ 105.00 cash or cheque ( check ) please.

R Stec
SCCBC

Yep, and another neat thing is that you don't have to register for both days. You could just race one of the days ($155, I believe) and have the other day off for cutting the lawn!

Can one truly just show up for the Sunday race for the $155 or so per Mike?? Having a terrible time getting Saturday off, but would be willing to head out at 4am for the trek north to race just Sunday...in the novice race??? Someone let me know who reliably has the facts....thanks for the headsup Mike...

Thanks...
Bill

Novices please be aware, this is a new format double race weekend, and there is a special race entry rule for novices.

Novices, both open wheel and closed wheel, may enter Saturday's race only, or both Saturday and Sunday's races, but not Sunday only.

This new race format is an exciting opportunity to get a ton of track time in only two days, and I strongly recommend entering both races on Saturday and Sunday.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to send me an email or give me a ring. Contact info is available on the ICSCC home page.

Thanks,

Randy
ICSCC License Director

Colangelo ----

Hey Mike...
Send me links to your Mission video...looks like I am going to come up Sunday and run CSM and ITA with new area license...yippee.....now if I can just get myself up at 4:00am for the drive north in time for 9am qualifying on Sunday.....yikes!!

Bill

Sunny weather is forecast for that week-end? The Canadian broadcasters must be mucho better than our people cause we can't get it right over a 12 hour period, let alone 2+ weeks! I do hope you are right, and that we have a HUGE turn-out to experince this 'different' format.
My car is ready, (well pretty much), so I will be there for sure, (well pretty sure).

ok its only my forecast. But summer weather has to arrive eventually .

Any weather is good weather for racing! Well, except that little blizzard at the Enduro...but hey! It's June! What are the chances of snow? So therefore, the forecast is for excellent racing weather!!

Weeks of rain and then, bam - tomorrow calls for 80! It is a weird but wonderfuil spot on the globe we've all picked to live in eh? But if it is 80 on the Mission week-end I'll probably be the first one to complain about the heat!

Weeks of rain and then, bam - tomorrow calls for 80! It is a weird but wonderfuil spot on the globe we've all picked to live in eh? But if it is 80 on the Mission week-end I'll probably be the first one to complain about the heat!

Knowing Wes, I think that last sentence could read: "I'll probably be the first one to complain about the ________" <insert, well, anything here> lol

Hope to see you there Wes!

>>There seems to be a little confusion about the entry fee for the upcomming race at Mission June 26 and 27. This is a double race weekend. The $ 260.00 entry is for BOTH days ,not per day. I hope with this attractive pricing we will have many of you making the treck north. Sunny weather is forcasted. Friday is a practice day 10:00 am til 4:00 pm .. $ 105.00 cash or cheque ( check ) please.<<

Ray:

Are you guys set up for registering for the Mission race on motorsportreg.com?

I could only find the registration page for the practice session.

Am I missing something?

J.C.

Wes:

>>My car is ready, (well pretty much), so I will be there for sure, (well pretty sure).<<

This is good!! ......................... I get to chase you around the track. :)

Am I going to worry about parts falling off your race car?

Just in case, I will bring THE "special visor" for my helmet. It is special due to the fact that it is treated with ...................... B.S. repellent. LOL

Is Bruce's car ready as well?

J.C.

I've been secretly wearing BS repellent around you for years buddy, and you just thought it was Old Spice!
I have 2 hours left tomorrow and she'll be ready to roll, complete with Goodyears so Bruce and I can join you in FF. Bruce has his shiny new Ivey motor in place and ready to rock, so let's hope for weather like today.

Yes JC you should be able to register on motorsportreg.com . Let me know if you have any problems

R Stec

Here ya' go, Bill:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9r3rVI3DuQ

This was from the first time I raced at Mission. I think I was driving a pretty normal line for an SM in this race.

By the way, the blue #33 CRX Si that you see passing me is now my current car. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.... ;)

Hey Mike...
Send me links to your Mission video...looks like I am going to come up Sunday and run CSM and ITA with new area license...yippee.....now if I can just get myself up at 4:00am for the drive north in time for 9am qualifying on Sunday.....yikes!!

Bill

Last edited:
Thanks Ray. I will be registering as soon as I find out where to reserve paddock space, etc. Mission is one my favorite tracks. The people there make it my favorite.

Are there any discounts for hotel accommodations close to the track? I have always camped and I need a hotel room for Friday and Sunday. What is the closest hotel to the track, prices, etc?

I look forward to Mission.

J.C.

>>I've been secretly wearing BS repellent around you for years buddy, and you just thought it was Old Spice!<<

I was going to mention that if you were wearing Old Spice, ................... you should have checked the expiration date on the bottle. After several years Old Spice ................... smells funny.

When you bought the "B.S. repellent", did you make sure you used the word ......... "repellent"?

>>I have 2 hours left tomorrow and she'll be ready to roll, complete with Goodyears so Bruce and I can join you in FF. Bruce has his shiny new Ivey motor in place and ready to rock, so let's hope for weather like today.<<

Great!! Bring it!!!

I have well worn American Racers and a 15 race worn Ivey motor. I will fun chasing you guys around the track.

I am looking for a hotel room close to the track. Where do you guys stay when you are not camping?

J.C.

Back