Mission entry fee confusion

JC The best and closest is the Mission City Lodge ( Best Western Inn ) They do have a "racers rate " I am not sure of how much it is but I would book it quick .

By the way, Make sure you hide the Salsa real well so those damn border people don't snag it all, word gets around you know. cheers!!

The Best Western Mission City Lodge, which is 3 minutes from the track. Why only Friday and Sunday, what happens on Saturday? I have a 3 year old Ivey motor and used Goodyears, which I have never run on my car, so it should interesting.

Wes:

That was a mistake on my part. I am planning on arriving Friday afternoon and leave after our race on Sunday.

I've already have a reservation for Friday and Saturday night at the Mission City Lodge. Are you camping?

I guess we have worn out equipment. My American Racers are also very used. I am happy to have other guys competing in Formula Ford.

Michael Lensen just e-mailed me and said that if I can not beat you, ............................. he is taking the car back!!!! ........ the pressure is on!!

Have you made paddock reservations yet?

It should be a lot of fun. Mission has always been my favorite track.

J.C.

Thanks Ray.

I am all set with hotel reservations. I am hoping to paddock with all the open wheel riff raff.

I am looking forward to this.

J.C.

Riff raff indeed! I hope they pack us all in together so we can have a cozy old grassroots sorta week-end. We will have the RV, but Bruce's dad may be coming along, so one of us will need a room if that happens. We reserved one just in case, so we're good.
What will Michael do with two race cars I wonder???

>>By the way, Make sure you hide the Salsa real well so those damn border people don't snag it all, word gets around you know. cheers!!<<

In my day job, I have learned to always be honest with the folks at Customs and when crossing the border.

I have always told them, when queried, my purpose in coming to Mission is to ... " race my car, feed the mosquitoes at Mission and to bring my Canadian friends real salsa" They always smile and welcome me to Canada.

J.C.

On my budget I may have to resort to that soon, but it's does get chilly at Mission in the middle of the night, and my blankee just doesn't keep me as warm as it did when I was younger! JC on the other hand could down a quart of his salsa and probably sleep naked in his car no problem!

On my budget I may have to resort to that soon, but it's does get chilly at Mission in the middle of the night, and my blankee just doesn't keep me as warm as it did when I was younger! JC on the other hand could down a quart of his salsa and probably sleep naked in his car no problem!

How is that so many of these conversations end up with some reference to JC being naked...anywhere? I'm starting to get concerned about you open wheel types. I think the extra exposure to headwinds is starting to affect your perceptions of reality and is limiting control of your social devices. Of course, that statement implies that I'm just now concerned...which is far from true. I've been concerned since I met Wes!

I'll have to swing through the OW Kumbaya session and bestow a little PRO3 shenanigans and tomfoolery...

>>How is that so many of these conversations end up with some reference to JC being naked...anywhere?<<

I don't know who started the ..................... "J.C." being naked thing but; .....................

This is my official disclaimer:

I have never, ever been naked anywhere around race cars, open wheel or any other type. The "being naked" thing is an exaggeration of monumental proportions. It is fiction!!. It never happened.!! It is not true!!!

The closest thing to me being naked is not wearing underwear in the summer time.

I don't even wear Speedo swim suits anymore!! Last time I wore a Speedo swim suit I was told I looked like a Doberman Pincher!!

Please stop with the "J.C. being naked" stuff.

"J.C."

P.S. Wes, .................... are you responsible for this?

Bonnie:

>>Heh ... this from the guy who signs off "40-weight ball bearings" ... <<

English is a very ambiguous language. Is this like saying ............... "who is calling the kettle black"? Is this some form of symbolism?

What the hell is a "40-weight ball bearing" anyways?

I remember loosing the balls off my bearing at turn 12 at PIR .................. hmmm.

I suppose we could write a country/western song entitled; ........................ " I Lost My Balls At Turn Twelve And I Coasted To The Paddock"

...................... ?????????????????

J.C.

>>Heh ...What the hell is a "40-weight ball bearing" anyways? J.C.

J.C.

40-weight ball bearings were 1st introduced in racing during the 1957 season of Formula One. They were used by the Vanwall Team in cars driven by Stirling Moss and Roy Salvadori.

SIDE NOTE:
Reasons not to FLY with Roy Salvadori on a flight to South America....

"The whole trip took about three days, by which time we ran out of booze - Ecurie Ecosse were also on the flight. To while away the time we were invited onto the flight deck where the crew made us most welcome. I think it was Ninian Sanderson, the captain and I sitting on the floor playing gin rummy, with the 'plane on autopilot..."

1. He will drink all your booze.
2. He likes to play cards with the Captain.]
END SIDE NOTE:

Although very expensive, the reduced rolling resistance/friction proved so superior to the old style (standard weight) ball bearings that Enzo Ferrari made a formal complaint to the FIA insisting they be banned not only from F1 but from the english vocabulary "until the end of the world"! From that day forward, they were never mentioned again in racing circles. Nothing could come close to matching 40-weight BB's until the introduction of the Tyrrell P34 6 wheeled F1 car in 1976.

With Mike Olsen's mear mention of that technology, he has removed himself from the list of drivers with any chance of testing for a Ferrari F1 ride and risks being banned from all FIA competitions! Brave man.

40-weight ball bearing equiped Vanwall:

Last edited:
With Mike Olsen's mear mention of that technology, he has removed himself from the list of drivers with any chance of testing for a Ferrari F1 ride and risks being banned from all FIA competitions! Brave man.

40-weight ball bearing equiped Vanwall:

Oh great; now I've blown my chances at F1! Shoot. I guess I'll have to re-think my investment strategy for retirement then.

My reference is actually to Fletch Lives..."It's all ball bearings these days, fellas!" Fletch needed 30-wt ball bearings to fix the bypass line on an airplane. I think 40-wt would be better in a racecar because 40 is bigger than 30 and bigger is always better.

I was going to use 40-wt ball bearings on the PRO3 car, but someone pointed out that those were not allowed for in the rules. So instead, I opted to use stainless steel, cross-drilled brake lines...just don't let that get out, because I would then lose my competitive advantage.

And now, back to our regularly scheduled thread...I love Mission!

Right then. when you Pro-3 guys swing by the festive salsa binge ,remember NO DOUBLE DIPPING ! we now have a couple of you pro -3 guys in our club and are well aware of what they are capable of. Ole' .

R Stec
S-2000

Back