Triple Race Weekend at SCR

The constipation
of our participation.
Anticipation?

Not sure if a haiku is supposed to be punctuated. It goes to rhythm though.

I think I might've "misspoken" when I said the 15th; I think it's supposed to be on the 16th that we hear.

Richard: I do, in fact, miss Spokane. Used to live there, even.

Ken: I think the distinction is that NWMS has until sometime today to let ICSCC know, with the announcement to the membership coming tomorrow.

Exhale, then breath in,
somebody has to know by now,
but for the rest of us,

Que Sera, Sera,
Whatever will be, will be
The future's not ours, to see
Que Sera, Sera
What will be, will be.

Now I have children of my own
They ask their mother, what will I be
Will I be handsome, will I be rich
I tell them tenderly.

Que Sera, Sera,
Whatever will be, will be
The future's not ours, to see
Que Sera, Sera
What will be, will be.

You make such a cute Doris Day, Lee

Doris Day.jpg

So Kevin said, "ICSCC policy & Proceedures Manual 15.1.2 outlines the requirement of member clubs to have insurance in place 30 days prior to an event."

So while I was waiting, it decided to key up a good book. Quite interesting reading, if you've a mind to.

And the ICSCC policy & Procedures Manual is a bit more explicit.
15.1 MEMBER CLUB RESPONSIBILITIES TO ICSCC - PRE-RACE

15.1.2 Clubs must send requests for insurance or proof of insurance to Headquarters 30days prior to an event. Unless special arrangements have been made and approved by Headquarters in advance, premium payments must accompany request for insurance coverage. If no proof/payment is received 30 days prior to the event, Headquarters will insure the event at the rate stated for the year in question, and the sponsoring member club will be required to pay the premium within 15 days of notification by Headquarters of coverage.

15.1.3 ICSCC shall notify all member club Executive Board representatives of the insurance rates that will apply as soon as the rates have been established with the insurer(s). (See Section 15.2.3)

15.1.4 Clubs may provide Headquarters with copies of their respective track contracts and must supply a copy of the contract if ICSCC requests.

-and-

15.2.3 ICSCC shall advise each member club of the insurance premiums per race for the
U.S. races no later than 40 days prior to the schedule event date. (See Competition
Regulations 206 and 207)

-then-

E 206. Any Member or Affiliate club requesting ICSCC sanction in order to organize, conduct and operate a race, rally, rallycross, autocross, driver training, track day, play day, tour or motorized event of any kind shall obtain, from the ICSCC Insurance Program, insurances covering competitors, entrants, pit crews, race workers, officials and participants, as follows (alternate coverage provided under Section 207):

A. Minimum Limits (in U.S. dollars)

1. Group Personal Accident Insurance
(a) Medical Reimbursement - $50,000.00 Excess;
(b) Accidental Death and Dismemberment - $10,000.00;
(c) Weekly Indemnity - Up to Twenty Six (26) consecutive weeks - $75.00 per week.

2. Motorsports Program Primary Commercial General Liability Protection
(a) Bodily Injury, Property Damage, Products and Completed Work - $1,000,000.00 per Occurrence;
(b) Personal Injury and Advertising Injury - $1,000,000.00 each Person;
(c) Medical Expense Limit - $5,000.00 per Occurrence;
(d) Special Vehicles Limit - $50,000.00 per Occurrence;
(e) Premises Damage Limit - $100,000.00 per Occurrence;
(f) Professional Liability Limit - $50,000.00 per Occurrence;

3. Excess Liability Policy - $4,000,000.00 per Occurrence and Aggregate Limits.

B. The insurance provided for any scheduled or sanctioned event shall declare
cont. the Named Insured as: International Conference of Sports Car Clubs, Cascade Sports Car Club, International Race Drivers Club, Team Continental, Northwest Motor Sports, and any other scheduled Member or Affiliate Club.

C. All insurers must be A Rated, or equivalent, or insured 100% with
Underwriters at Lloyds.

E 207. Any event organized, operated, conducted, scheduled or sanctioned by ICSCC shall be insured within the ICSCC Insurance Program, except as insured with alternative coverages, approved by the ICSCC, that provides coverage and limits as outlined in Rule 206 and, further, lists and certifies the International Conference of Sports Car Clubs as an Additional Insured on all such alternative coverages.

ICSCC approval of any alternative insurances, and Additional Insured endorsements, must be achieved thirty 30days in advance of any event or sanction will AUTOMATICALLY be withheld, deleted from the ICSCC schedule and pulled. Therefore, such an event will be deemed as not sanctioned or recognized by ICSCC and not counted whether or not said event actually was held.

Sanction can be reinstated by Presidential exception. All organizing Member or Affiliate clubs shall request sanctions and insurance coverages at the ICSCC Annual Spring meeting.

If for justifiable reasons this is not practicable, then a sanction and insurance request must be made of the ICSCC President AND the ICSCC Insurance Advisor at a minimum of Forty-Five (45) days before such event to be assured of sanctions and insurance coverages.

"Excuse me, but does your dog bite?"

peter_sellers_inspector_clouseau_pi3.jpg

"It's not my dog."​

I ask for your patience please.
The e-board is still deliberating and I am awaiting their direction on this matter

Kevin Skinner

With no offence intended to any concerned . . . We really do need to find out what's happening with this race. We all lead busy lives with many things vying for our time and I for one, have a few avenues to go depending on whether this race happens or not.

It's not like any of this is a surprise, let's have a decision, one way or the other so we can plan accordingly.

I haven't heard anything official... but from what I'm hearing from people close to the decision, I'd plan on it. To put it another way, I booked my hotel today.

Hampton Inn has a racer rate as does best western pepper tree?

Here is some more video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJL3DE2Pi9k&feature=related

The winning FA finished 1.24 seconds ahead of me in my "vintage DB-3" (black and white car)

I second and third Steve,s approach........register for the race on motorsportsreg......and book your rooms

If things get really tight bring a tent and you can camp in my yard.....unless you have school zone restrictions outstanding lol

Back