Really?

Yes, really. As a consumer, a racer, and a member of a Conference club, I'm really quite disappointed in how this has played out thus far. There is really no excuse for how long and in what manner this has dragged on and, in my opinion as a member of the Conference family, the parties involved should be taking a good, hard look at their both their actions and the motivations behind them.

Yes, really. As a consumer, a racer, and a member of a Conference club, I'm really quite disappointed in how this has played out thus far. There is really no excuse for how long and in what manner this has dragged on and, in my opinion as a member of the Conference family, the parties involved should be taking a good, hard look at their both their actions and the motivations behind them.

+1...Fuster Cluck for sure. I commend everyone trying to make this happen but I think (hope) some lessons have been learned.

Meanwhile, in Charlotte, NC, yet another ICSCC racer awaits - along with a young man who had hoped to make his Novice debut and join the Conference ranks too...

Extraordinarily disappointing play out.

My non-refundable room for the weekend is wondering if I will be there or not for racing....or will it be a long weekend vacationing instead. Silverwood anyone?

The really irritating thing is, even assuming the race gets the official buy-off tomorrow morning, there's a chance it could get canceled as late as the track inspection on July 10. If these races don't happen, I'll have to try to explain to my family why I'm racing at Mission over Labor Day, instead of being at our annual, multi-state, family reunion. :frown

Aw shucks fellas. I thought Randy was responding to someone telling him there would be 15 ground pounders at Spokane. Fiddle sticks.

Jim

nuff said.

ya-rly001.jpg

I have faith in NWMS and believe the track will pass inspection on the 10th.

I was most frustrated with the "cover-up". Steve you appear to be doing your best to keep the users informed...and then your post yesterday, was very subtle and obvious that you musta been chastized in some way.

Politics need to get the hell out of racing. It's so stupid. Happy Canada Day, Mr. President.

I have every confidence NWMS will be able to do what they've said they'll do by the 10th, but my question is, Is that enough?

As for Colin's question, yes: If the races are held under an ICSCC sanction, they are points races.

Holly: No, I wasn't chastised, but reminded of some details in the P&Ps and some points of parliamentary procedure. No big thing. That said, YES, the politics in this situation are abso-effing-lutely irritating.

For one I apologize to Steve for what he is going through ..

I am learning another lesson from this experience about the local racing community. These guys want to race and will do anything to make it happen. The Track manager is shocked about how much work we do without any support and complaining.We have also received a huge amount of support from Spokane County Raceways staff.

Its hard to believe the people who have come out to volunteer . You guys rock !!!!

Well I wouldn't bring it up except...

It seems that Steve can be appointed as well as disappointed. Other than that, I believe that you have met-to-exceeded all other expectations.

"3.23 WEB SITE EDITOR (renumbered Spring 2002)

3.23.1 Appointment The Web Site Editor shall be appointed by the President. Every effort shall be made to secure the services of a person experienced in the fields of Web development (e.g., HTML, CSS, PHP, Javascript, etc.) and database administration. (Fall 2010)

3.23.2 Duties

3.23.2.1 To maintain the ICSCC web site in working condition (keep links functional, etc.) at all times.

3.23.2.2 To update information on the site as necessary, including but not limited to:
(a) updated versions of forms;
(b) current ICSCC and club official contacts;
(c) race schedule;
(d) race results;
(e) point standings;
(f) competition rules;
(g) classified advertising. (Fall 2010)

3.23.2.3 To update news, sound readings, etc. if/when they are provided. (Fall 2010)

3.23.2.4 To oversee the ICSCC Forum, including managing membership accounts, maintaining backups of database(s), updating the underlying software, and other administrative and maintenance tasks as necessary. Oversee the Drivers' Meeting forum, deleting old messages and nuisance messages as needed and maintaining
archives as needed. (Fall 2010)"

On second consideration, and only in regard to as many nuisance messages that I have posted personally, there may have been some questionable judgements made.

Thanks for the latitudes, Steve.

clouds.gif

......................... did I miss something?

Why are we arguing?

I am always the last to figure out things but ..................................... I don't get it.

I registered to race. I reserved a hotel room. I put a new engine in my car. I am ready to race in Spokane.

What is the big deal???

If we don't ............................................. we don't.

If we race, it will be a wonderful three days of racing with great guys and gals.

.................... sometimes it is chicken, sometimes it is feathers.

Do I have to post my "pull our collective heads out" poem again? Do I need to remind everyone that this is Conference and not SCCA?

........................ Hay Dios mio!!!!!!

................... I will bring salsa to Spokane and yes, there will be a "come to Jesus" party at the paddock. Please bring your sense of humor, something to drink and .............................. there will not be any bitching, sniveling or complaining allowed.

Jesus

Closed doors, secrets, politics.... Come on! Since there's no money to be had, sounds like there's a power trip going on.
I, for one, am finding this stupid and annoying. Whoever's keeping things in the dark should be taking note that that's not the way the rest of us want to do business. The games and politics do not look good to those who may be interested in joining us. It's especially annoying as the rest of the time our group is not like this!

This is a racer's organization. Those in "charge" are there to help our racing be better, safer, and more fun. If it's not fun, then there are far too many other ways to spend time and money.

Don't yank us around--be up front. If that sounds cranky, it is. (I've been fighting a migraine for a week--patience is at a low...) We'd like to make plans for our life. If the board et al needs to push the absolute decision down the timeline for safety reasons, fine--just keep us in the loop. Let us know what the concerns are.

Maybe there should be a written addition to the procedures to have a board member keep the membership up to date on the progress for large issue (like new tracks).

Ultimately, Karen's complaint is something I've been trying to get some action on for some time. While I don't think it's appropriate for us to "air our dirty laundry" or post all the nitty-gritty details anywhere, I think it's important that the membership be kept up-to-date on what's going on, what the important dates are, what steps need to happen in what order, and so on. The problem, at least as I see it, is that "Conference" (the corporate entity) is really just a leadership shell on top of 5 Member Clubs. While Conference leadership is there to help organize things, it's really the Clubs that are "in charge."

So whose responsibility is it to let everyone know what's going on? That's not as clear as you (or I) might think. I've pushed several people to post the status of what's going on with Spokane (and some other events in the recent past), but nobody's willing to step up... and maybe for some very good reasons.

Back