New club racing road course project in Mason County needs our support now!

[snip]
Jerry C Strong
home

31 E Clonakilty Dr

Shelton, WA 98584-9614

(360) 426-8039

I know this is publicly-available information, but I (personally) would prefer --and others have brought this up to me in my role as Admin-- that we not proceed in this vein. Given what I've seen on the NIMBY folks' Web site, I suspect most of them are not very Web-savvy and would be surprised how much information about them is available "out there."

If you go to the Mason County Wa website, you can click on the commissioners meeting for that day to see what all was said.
They unfortunately referred to Rick Bostrom from IRDC as (I believe) Rick Foster, but what the hey.....it was interesting reading.

Got an email from NWR-SCCA today that there is some meeting concerning this project tomorrow...but I haven't seen any chatter. Someone want to fill me (or us) in on what tomorrow is about?

From the track's blog:

On Tuesday August 10th at 1pm The Ridge Motorsports Group will be petitioning in front of a Special Hearings Examiner at the Mason County Commissioner’s meeting room in (Building 1, 411 N. 5th Street, Shelton) to lift the Timber Land Building Moratorium which currently prevents any rezoning of the property.

While this is a fairly mundane procedural issue, it is important, as it will allow the property to be expeditiously rezoned from Rural Residential 20 to RTC. Lifting the Moratorium should have a nearly immediate positive effect on the County via significantly increasing the assessed value of the property (currently fixed at a low value under the Moratorium), which means The Ridge Motorsports Group will pay more property taxes, which is much needed to fund Mason County’s police, fire, schools, roads… plus it allows the process to continue on creating a world-class club motorsports facility, which will add jobs and provide many other positive economic and social impacts without using a penny of public taxpayer money.

Please consider coming to the meeting to show your support for allowing this currently useless large plot of land to be eligible for rezoning, reassessment and eventually development.

:mad:

Someone should have posted this up here some time back. That way people could plan to attend. To late now.
:(

This one should be fairly routine, it is the lifting of the timber moratorium so we can complete the rezone.

Having said that, the drag racing guys are planning on bringing 100 folks or so, we will be represented well.

The BIG ONE is the rezone, and in a perfect world that will be in about 30 days. I will keep you posted.

RP

(BTW, we got a facebook page? How come no one ever tells me these things?)

New information on the blog.

"Supporters of The Ridge Motorsports Park earned a major win today when the Special Hearings Examiner announced the lifting of the building moratorium preventing any development on a number of parcels required for the track facility. The Ridge Motorsports Group can move directly into the rezoning process.

Your support is needed at the rezone hearing in front of the Mason County Commissioners on October 5th, 2010. (Time is TBD, but should be around 9AM in the Commissioner’s Hearing Room at 411 N. 5th St, Shelton WA 98584). A strong show of support for club racing in Mason County will ensure continued progress.

If you haven’t already done so ADD YOUR NAME TO THE LIST OF SUPPORTERS
Leave a comment on the Add Your Name To The List Of Supporters detailing why you support the development and ongoing operation of The Ridge Motorsports Park."

Scott is correct, we were notified yesterday that the Timber Moratorium has been lifted. Good news.

I have asked Steve to create another sticky when he gets the chance, but here is the scoop.

We were approved some time ago by the Planning Advisory Committee for the rezone (for those that care, the new zone is Rural Tourist Campground, otherwise known as RTC). It now goes to the County Commissioners for a vote on the rezone October 5th. At that point, we will have all pieces in place to go before the hearings examiner on the operations of the facility.
The hearings examiner is an independent attorney that does not reside in Mason County. Kind of like the old Circuit Judge. He (or she) will hear the operational plan and insure it fits the County codes (like the noise ordinance we had to modify) and then will either approve the plan as written, or ask us to modify the plan if necessary.
So, we are almost there. Technically, right after the Oct 5 meeting, should the rezone be approved, we could start moving dirt on Oct 6. In reality, we have much engineering to do as well as work on the final track design working with the various user groups.
So, almost there, but not quite yet. We would like a VERY LARGE turnout for the Oct 5 meeting, it should be at 9:00 AM or so. I will offer to buy lunch, do a site tour, etc, UNLESS 800 people show up.
Then, your on your own for lunch ;-)

RP

So what's the scoop on financing. I don't need the details, but is it in place? Or are you looking for investors?

everyone is always looking for investors.

However, we own the property outright and have the initial buildout costs covered (track, dragstrip, paddock and towers)

RP

Just found out today, the rezone hearing got moved to Oct 12, one week later than originally scheduled.

Why, I don't know, this happens routinely.

RP

Back