New club racing road course project in Mason County needs our support now!

I went to their site also. Interesting that they have nothing else but the subject of the racetrack on their site. Peculiar that they do not post comments from anyone. These people will obviously resort to theatrics and "end of the world" tactics to keep their opinions heard.

I liked the diversity of names on thir list. Almost sounded like Blazing Saddles... Robert Johnston, Bob Johnston, Jed Johnston.....

Let's be better then they are or might be........

Kyle please don't take this the wrong way and I do understand were your coming from.

But I think rather then poking at them and making fun of them we should take the high road.

Let's kill them with kindness and facts. They might be looking for a name calling, rolling in the dirt fight to discredit us. Let's not give it to them.

Reminds me of a sign we used have in our inspection department at work.
"Arguing with an inspector is like wrestling a pig in the mud. You both get dirty and the pig likes it"
:tongue:

If they are smart they are monitoring this board in silence looking for things to use against us.
Let's assume they are and not give them what they seek.

Well spoken.

It's kind of like the old story about having neighbors who called the police everytime you had a party. You could argue with them all you liked but the best way to get them to stop was just to invite them ....

In the real world, nothing is that simple but if they really think that top fuel dragsters are going to be running 24/7 then I can understand why they wouldn't want that. I wouldn't want that either. Maybe they just don't know what this track will REALLY be like.

Always best to at least start with the goal of winning the hearts and minds of the people of Mason County by laying out a full slate of facts and educating them on why this can be a huge POSITIVE for the area. Just starting a fight has plenty of negative effects whether you win or lose.

The truth is that the folks behind this track are good decent people who we can walk up to at a typical Conference race and look in the eye. They aren't shady figures with an ulterior motive - they are trying to bring another venue in to the area in hopes of guaranteeing that we have a place to enjoy our hobby for the forseeable future. Let's go on down to the people of Mason County and convince them we are good solid down-to-earth folks just like them who they would be happy to invite into their homes. It would only help the opposition if we act like an unruly mob - which we clearly aren't! We are a well organized and respected bunch of racing enthusiasts with money to spend and relationships to make and we should conduct ourselves as such.

Kyle, no spank. Just offering an alternate way of approaching the problem to make it go more smoothly.
I will give you this, you way is more direct and more fun. :)

I Google Earthed Shelton to see exactly where it is located. Can someone tell me what that curvey loop road is that is located next to Sanderson Field?

Ray_stec

Ray_stec

If you do a closer view on google earth satilette, you will see that the Wash. State Patrol Acedamy is on the south side of Hyw102 (which leads to the new race track) and the looppy that you are asking about is the 2.3mile CLOSED driver training track for the patrol and slected state employes. It has a water skid pad MANY
lane deversions a section for perscesion vehicle 'bumping ("pit") training and other REAL nice things. AND NO it is NEVER open to the public. ONCE in a GREAT while they will let other Law Enforcement departments come over for training. But not offen.

Hope this helps

Well I will try to add something but all you bombastic, pompous, overly wordy, types have already said all there is to say;) About all the rest of us can say is DITTO :)

Yes I did sign their guest book Kenny, and was very curteous and polite in my comments. I have also just commented on the site above, which makes 96 I guess.

OK confused????
Replies say 96.
Wes' reply is numbered 93 and mine is awaiting moderation (??) #94. What happened to the other ones?
(And so if Mr. Tipton is 96, you're looking good for an ol' man.)

My dad tried to teach me that sometimes it's better to remain silent and be thought of as a fool, than to open my mouth and remove all doubt.

'Course, I rarely seem to remember that lesson until after I've removed all doubt. sigh. :eek:

Thanks honey, luv ya too. Sooner or later we'll make it to a hundred. Well not us literally, but you know.

Their site is quite interesting, and demonstrates how naive most non racers are about what we do and how often we do it. But if it's decided to allow high school drags every week-end then they WILL have something to ***** about, so please give that some thought during the scheduling process for this facility.

Could be a case of deliberate misinformation or amplification too, as the examples they present would surely be the most inflamatory version possible to stir up those receptive to being NIMBY-ers.

I would agree Randy. Misinformation would seem to be the most widely used method to throw people off topic, or deliberately change the discussion to suit the needs or wants of a particular group. Which is why most of us have become so turned off to politics and its games. This Mason county blog is probably the work of one of two folks who just don't like motorsports, and they realize that others can be easily swayed by a few misplaced comments that will be taken as fact by the majority.
If we attend the meeting in force, and provide polite and factual input, a postive result should be forthcoming.

Back