New club racing road course project in Mason County needs our support now!

Hey Randy.....160 get 'er done posts. (you wanted over 100)

Is there a "not in my back yard" forum out there somewhere so we can see what we might be up against??

All of the posts in the 'racininmason" should be printed out and brought to the hearing.

250 posts. Thank for the support everyone.

Tommorrow is the meeting, hopefully we'll have a good turnout.

Arrangements have been made for pizza at a local business that holds up to 150 people. We have no idea of the actual turnout, could be less, but I doubt it. There will probably be many more, so please be patient if you find yourself standing room only.

See you at the meeting.

Here's some agenda info;

BOARD OF MASON COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
DRAFT MEETING AGENDA
Commission Chambers – 9:00 a.m.
411 North Fifth Street, Shelton WA 98584
TUESDAY, MAY 4, 2010

1. Call to Order
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Roll Call
4. Correspondence and Organizational Business

5. Open Forum for Citizen Input (5 minutes per person, 15 minutes time limit)
If you wish to address the Commission, raise your hand to be recognized by the Chair. When you
have been recognized, please step up to the microphone and give your name and address before
your comments. The Mason County Commission is committed to maintaining a meeting atmosphere
of mutual respect and speakers are encouraged to honor this principle. (An individual may request to
address the Board at a later time on the agenda by contacting the Clerk of the Board at least 24 hours prior to
the meeting.)

9. 9:30 a.m. Public Hearings and Items Set for a Certain Time

9.4 Public hearing to consider revisions to Mason County Code, Title 9, Section 9.36
(Noise Control), Subsection 9.36.100 (Other Exemptions) to remove the word
“existing” from exemption 9.36.100( 8 ). Staff: Barbara Adkins

http://www.co.mason.wa.us/commissioners/agenda/2010/2010-05-04_REG.pdf

Spoke with the planning department today, there are three small agenda items before ours, so expect our hearing to begin at about 10:00 AM.

I have arranged for lunch at the Godfathers Pizza on the North end of town, which is about three miles from the track site. I would like to get a rough count by about 9:30 AM of how many lunches we will need.

Rod

I was wondering if all the carpools were full. I would like to join or even off my car up as a driver. The fuel is free to me. BTW I am in the Bothell/Woodinville area.

Spoke with the planning department today, there are three small agenda items before ours, so expect our hearing to begin at about 10:00 AM.

I have arranged for lunch at the Godfathers Pizza on the North end of town, which is about three miles from the track site. I would like to get a rough count by about 9:30 AM of how many lunches we will need.
Rod

My brother and I will be there so that is at least TWO pizza's. :p
We are car pooling with one of the Official GPDA vehicles. :biggrin:

It has also been suggested that for those of us that are attending, we stop off at various retail establishments in Shelton and buy stuff. Get gas. Groceries. Breakfast. Snack. Whatever. And when you do, work into the conversation at the check-out that you're a racer and you enjoy supporting the local economy that supports a track.

The Mason County Council meeting was well attended by many people from a variety of different motorsports backgrounds. The chamber itself was full to capacity and the lobby area was standing room only. I'd estimate there was between 150 and 170 supporters.

The council allowed a little over an hour for public comment, and there was only one person not supporting the amendment.

The council voted unanimously for the amendment, which will take effect July 1.

This is great news for our motorsports community. New motorsports facilities, as of July 1, will be able to be considered by Mason County, and evaluated on their merits.

One small but critical step in the process has been taken.

Thank you everyone for your continued support.

I actually had jobs to bid today for a change, but I am very happy to hear the good news. 150+ must have been a real eye opener for the council! Nice work by a very cohesive motorsport community.

Great job to Randy and all the crew behind this. I am sorry that I could not be their in person, but was with you in thoughts. Keep upthe good work and maybe one day we will have anothertrack to try figure out dates for.

I want to extend Randy's thanks (and extend a warm thank you to Randy, you SOB;-) yesterdays hearing went extraordinarily well. This small step was actually a canary in the coal mine, but we have the elected officials support on record.

That bodes well for the next steps, which will get harder, the opposition more boisterous, but in the end, it is the electorate that makes the decision.

Thanks for all who attended and all who posted on the raceinmason site, all of those psotings were entered into the public record as well. If you have not posted, we still need that count to grow if possible so sign on please!

Stay Tuned!

Rod

Thanks for the pizza and track tour/4-wheeling Rod. Good times. Every journey starts with the first step.

The reason there was only one speaker at the meeting is because none of the names listed as participants in NIMBY live anywhere near the tracks planned location, your dealing with one guy, the rest on the list are some freinds and relatives of his no doubt. go to dex knows and do a people search on the list. Mr stong (the first name on the list) lives on the east side of mason lake by the railroad tracks off E. mason lake road. your could drop a daisy cutter on the track location and he woulnt hear it. the second name lives miles from it as well. I suspect their more opposed to cutting trees than noise or discorvering their crop or just enjoy being a thorn. I signed their guestbook and told him the homes around laguna seca are now worth a large fortune and he should thank the track planners, not fight them. Also told him his time would be better spent planting trees. couldnt help myself, sorry.

Jerry C Strong
home

31 E Clonakilty Dr

Shelton, WA 98584-9614

(360) 426-8039

from their website

"Contact Information

If you wish to keep informed or become a member of our group, please fill out the form below. You do not need to be an immediate neighbor

Back