Kart enduro info here

Randy Im all for a random draw for starting positions. I dont think qualifying willl make that much of a difference. ANy word on a Friday session.

With the event only 3 weeks away, the level of trash talking is very disappointing. I thought you guys and gals were racers.

Trash Talk

With the event only 3 weeks away, the level of trash talking is very disappointing. I thought you guys and gals were racers.

Okay your on!
As long as my team beats team 12 bmw and guest I will be happy. 3/4 of them TURNED ME DOWN last year.
Some of them are even teammates twice a year.
Yea just when you think you know someone and they seem friendly enough WHAM right in the back...:confused::confused1:

Well that should start some sh*t going on........:wink::wink::wink:

Actually it is all about the workers and the worker fund. Working on sponsorship to BUY THE POLE POSITION just so we can say we did. :tongue:

Oh and payback from last year in no particular order
Curtis
Mike monkey boy
RANDY yea you know what you did and who you are:wink:
Rod (just because)
Dave (just because)
Pat (see above)

That should do it for now....little bit o' kindling on the fire........:D

Can we have a skinny bastard rule?

For weigh-in, can we have the weight thrown out for any individual(s) who are more than one standard deviation away from the mean, on the high side?

Let me explain - let's suppose we had a team comprised of four Pat Boyles and two Mike Blaszczaks (these are international units of measure, btw). So we have something like (135 + 135 + 135 + 135 + 240 + 240)/6 = 156lbs. The two MikeB drivers will last about 15-minutes, while the hummingbird Pat Boyles will rip around 45-minutes at a time. So effectively, a bunch of 135lb drivers are ballasted like a bunch of 156lb drivers.

The average of the difference between each sample and 156lbs (standard deviation) is about 47 lbs. If you add 47lbs to the AVERAGE, you get about 203lbs. Obviously, MikeB is way over 203 lbs, at 240lbs.

So - you could replace the two 240lb samples each with 203lbs and re-average. Or, simply throw out the two 240lb samples and re-average. Either approach would mitigate the situation where there is a team of hummingbirds/waifs (in the most respectful way), who happen to have one or two ponderous North American Silverbacks.

Cheers :biggrin:

-Bruce

Oh and payback from last year in no particular order
Curtis
Mike monkey boy
RANDY yea you know what you did and who you are:wink:
Rod (just because)
Dave (just because)
Pat (see above)

That should do it for now....little bit o' kindling on the fire........:D

Norton, Norton! Curtis...that is the best you can come up with is my name are you serious! well try this one on for size Scott "I couldn't keep an e30 behind me" Norton

***no disrespect Jeff you are the MAN!!!

Rod when are you going to paint the Cougar on the hood of your car and add your sponsor "ME"

Norton, Norton! Curtis...that is the best you can come up with is my name are you serious! well try this one on for size Scott "I couldn't keep an e30 behind me" Norton
"

Ha! Jump in an E30 and bring it....you forgot I was on 6 yr old tires...it was a driving error that let that happen and Jeff is a great driver no question.

Now back to you picboy...are the big lenses making up for shortcomings? Is that why you like to watch? :tongue:

Really you did a pretty good job in the karts last year so your team only had to carry you a little bit.

Are you or your Team going to bid on pole? It is for the workers so no excuses about "we are so fast..blah blah"...come on step up I double dog dare you!

Last edited:
I figured everyone was too intimidated by the fact that EPR retained its lineup this year...AND added the one and only, Scott "Scooter" Hieronymus to the driving order. I mean, that's a lot of pressure for the other teams, really, Knowing that they are about to have their asses handed to them on a go-kart track. We've also added a data acquisition system to the kart. His name is Joe Olsen and he's scientifically fast! Mathematically speaking.

Hey, this year, can we bring a jug of chocolate syrup for the milk? That was a lot of milk to drink and it would taste all the better if we added some chocolate to it...but then, maybe the victory two times in a row will be sweet enough.

I just wonder if Ricky Bobby is going to make an appearance again. Nothing like being chased by Wonderbread Boy around the track as motivation. Where's my machiato?

I see that Norton is attempting to quit smoking. We'll have him so frustrated that there won't be enough tobacco in Thurston County to calm his nerves.:biggrin:

This is the one chance a year the workers get to punt us drivers...I can hear them now, "And that's for not slowing down for the waiving yellow at PIR!" "And this is for no tow hook!" "Take THAT for removing your gloves on the cool down lap!!" Lots of pent up aggression there...

I think Randy should be required that blaze-orange LD jacket that resembles a Coast Guard float coat. What is it Randy? Affraid you might drown??

All in good fun, of course! You bunch of monkeys...:p

Ha! Jump in an E30 and bring it....you forgot I was on 6 yr old tires...it was a driving error that let that happen and Jeff is a great driver no question.

Now back to you picboy...are the big lenses making up for shortcomings? Is that why you like to watch? :tongue:

Really you did a pretty good job in the karts last year so your team only had to carry you a little bit.

Are you or your Team going to bid on pole? It is for the workers so no excuses about "we are so fast..blah blah"...come on step up I double dog dare you!

Picboy I like that!

I think you just called me out, I'll saddle up in an E30 any day and bring it and because I'm such a gentleman I'll let you start in front :tongue:

As for the team caring me....it was called strategy my dear boy strategy! Hats off to the drivers of Team EPR way to bring it!

I don't forgot I have selective memory...six year old tires so why not just man up and say that you couldn't handle the pressure!

I know what I will do, I'll save my lemonade stand change and put together an enduro team for the end of the season 12hr or whatever it ends up being. I'm calling you out!

And as for bidding on the pole, now it wouldn't be like me to give away my plans, take that Olive Tapenade boy! :smile:

I almost forgot Scott....see below in case you forgot!
758135827_H8wEc-M.jpg

Last edited:
ummm what!?!?!

Sorry Curtis - as a photographer, I know you like to only look at the pictures. In the example above, you would be one of the waifs. I could have my 11-year old give you a refresher on averages and standard deviation.
:redface:

-Bruce

Very funny Bruce! As long as I can keep on the lead lap, make all of the average standard deviations you would like!

For weigh-in, can we have the weight thrown out for any individual(s) who are more than one standard deviation away from the mean, on the high side?

Let me explain - let's suppose we had a team comprised of four Pat Boyles and two Mike Blaszczaks (these are international units of measure, btw). So we have something like (135 + 135 + 135 + 135 + 240 + 240)/6 = 156lbs. The two MikeB drivers will last about 15-minutes, while the hummingbird Pat Boyles will rip around 45-minutes at a time. So effectively, a bunch of 135lb drivers are ballasted like a bunch of 156lb drivers.

The average of the difference between each sample and 156lbs (standard deviation) is about 47 lbs. If you add 47lbs to the AVERAGE, you get about 203lbs. Obviously, MikeB is way over 203 lbs, at 240lbs.

So - you could replace the two 240lb samples each with 203lbs and re-average. Or, simply throw out the two 240lb samples and re-average. Either approach would mitigate the situation where there is a team of hummingbirds/waifs (in the most respectful way), who happen to have one or two ponderous North American Silverbacks.

Cheers :biggrin:

-Bruce

HAHA! Great post!

ICSCC 6-Hour Enduro Official Rulebook

Hello fellow Racers...

"My name is Mike Smith, and I will be your Race Director for the evening..."

It came to my attention that a rulebook has not been provided, sooo...

www.apexkarting.webs.com

Head on over to the website and you will find one now.

Looking forward to meeting you all, and to helping make this event a lot of fun. Please let me know if you have any questions by shooting me an e-mail: M.Smith@ApexKarting.com

---M.Smith
Race Director
Apex Karting

If a relative bantamweight like Mike Blaszczak is being held up as the polar opposite of Pat Boyle (who would still go like a scalded cat even if he weighed twice as much) then I am in serious trouble. Standard deviation just doesn't adequately handle "orders of magnitude".

Rick "Silverback" Bostrom

What about a rule for short, heavy people with big asses? Seems like an unfair CG advantage, don't'cha think?

If a relative bantamweight like Mike Blaszczak is being held up as the polar opposite of Pat Boyle (who would still go like a scalded cat even if he weighed twice as much) then I am in serious trouble. Standard deviation just doesn't adequately handle "orders of magnitude".

Rick "Silverback" Bostrom

Indeed Rick, you did come to mind when I was writing the post, but the numbers would have looked almost hypothetical in nature
:eek:

Short big ass or just short ass rule?

What about a rule for short, heavy people with big asses? Seems like an unfair CG advantage, don't'cha think?
Actually Steve you can change the handling of the Karts by leaning over one of the rear tires depending on what the Kart is doing at the time loose/or tight (fast/slow for you Cole Trickle types). Same goes for seating position but more difficult to adjust on the fly at least for me. Besides I have to have the seat all the way back to even get in the darn thing. :D

So "short, heavy people with big asses" might be at a a handling disadvantage...or not. Coming "unstuck" from the seat at driver changes is more likely the issue.

But your point is still valid. How about a "phone book" rule for drivers under Randy's or my size to RAISE the center of gravity? ;)

Back