IRDC Special Race Announcment for 9/25/10 Godzilla vs. Mothra vs. Hedorah - JTCC!

OK, so the Formula Vee announcement may be posted in the wrong topic on the Forum - but this is great news! Formula Vee used to be a very strong class that brought drivers into a competitive open wheel racing for a very reasonable amount of money. This was and is a class where new drivers could test themselves against experienced hands under a very stable ruleset that encourages close competitive racing. It was the steppingstone for entry into the world of open wheel racing that we would very much like to see growing our once strong open wheel ranks.

Welcome Vees - we look forward to seeing the drafting conga line back at an IRDC event after a long absence.

Scott, what do you think about, Japanese powered motorcycle engines in a closed wheel car? Could they be eligiable for Godzilla class?

Well I would need to know more about the car.
What class in ICSCC or SCCA does it race in?
Sports racer car would be out this year as it is a Touring Car Challenge. But willing to add next year depending on interest.
Shoot me an email lets discuss it.

IRDC is striving to set the standard for trophies at Conference events, and the Japanese Touring Car Challenge will be no exception, so don't miss the awards presentation Saturday!

IRDC will be setting the bar for special race trophies, both in quality and imagination.

All top finishers will go home with a bonafide conversation piece. This will be one event you'll be asked about for years. Guaranteed.

Trophies brought to you by Professional Collision centers.

I'm so excited, I plan to honour this event by wearing my kimono on the corner ... oh, wait ... it's red ... that might be a problem ...

And Wes, there ARE now 16 Formula VEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS! YIPPEE!! :D

IRDC is striving to set the standard for trophies at Conference events, and the Japanese Touring Car Challenge will be no exception, so don't miss the awards presentation Saturday!

IRDC will be setting the bar for special race trophies, both in quality and imagination.

All top finishers will go home with a bonafide conversation piece. This will be one event you'll be asked about for years. Guaranteed.

Trophies brought to you by Professional Collision centers.

Thank you Dave and Professional Collision centers for the AWESOME Trophies and the effort put in to aquire them. You have raised the bar to the top peg, simple as that.

Only 13 drivers entered to try to win 9 trophies :confused1: Come on guys :(

Anyone want to loan me an eligible car? ;)

Any driver eligible who does not enter will be kicking themselves for the next year as you hear about it at every race and every meeting.

Don't get excited, Scott. The entries for the IRDC weekend will start creeping up after this weekend is finished, with the monsters that are left to enter.

Special Race Entries up to 24

Welcome to the new entries, well done!

The rest of you on the fence come on join in and enter.
You will be racing for the Greatest Trophies ever given out thanks to Professional Collision Centers.

Entries by class as of a few minutes ago are:
Godzilla - 9
Hedorah - 8
Mothra - 9

Where are the rest of you?

I cant wait either. I will be a announcing for the first time at an IRDC race. Cant wait to see the show.

Badges, we don' need no stinking Badges!! Too bad my OLD Datsun doesn't fit the "rules". May have gotten me up there. But alas, shunned again. I feel like I am in high-school again, last to get picked for dodge-ball

(Anyone feeling any sympathy???? Anyone?? Nope, figures.... I will shut up now)

Badges, we don' need no stinking Badges!! Too bad my OLD Datsun doesn't fit the "rules". May have gotten me up there. But alas, shunned again. I feel like I am in high-school again, last to get picked for dodge-ball

(Anyone feeling any sympathy???? Anyone?? Nope, figures.... I will shut up now)

Tell us about the car Kyle..............?

It's old. It's yellow. Its slow. Actually I am just whining. I talked to Frank about it this weekend. Its Tweety, the PL510 in Group 2. Not anywhere near fast enough for the people you have going out. I prefer to not get stepped on by Godzilla!

Just having fun. I will try to make it up there to watch on Sunday though. Sounds like a blast!

Oh come on Kyle I have heard that dragons can lose fire occasionally.......

What would Yoda do? Enter and try he would. Oh wait there is no try, only do!

There are other Datsun's entered to play with. If enough show up they might get they're own Monster Class Next Year.

Your Welcome. Its going to be fun. Now if I could talk everyone into coming to ORP for the last race of the year. Cant wait.

Jeff I am signed up sharing Jim McAdie's car but I don't show up as I do not enter through motorsportreg.
Can't wait either my favorite track.

Back