IRDC Special Race Announcment for 9/25/10 Godzilla vs. Mothra vs. Hedorah - JTCC!

I did some research on these characters and discovered that Hedora is also known as the "Smog Monster". As the All-Honda team will be Team Hedorah, I think this might be a bad omen for those of us who race Hondas and Acuras. :( (edit: I see that Colin already noted this. Once again, I'm a day late and a dollar short!)

In related news, the All-Mazda team will be Team Mothra. Mothra is also known as "The Thing" and is kind of a moth with superpowers. This is useful info to know as, like moths, Miata and RX-7 drivers are easily distracted by shiny objects. ;)

Godzilla...what can I say about Godzilla that EVRYBODY doesn't already know. He's the King! As Team Godzilla will include Steve's fire-breathing (or spitting?) Subaru STI, it's only fitting. :eek:

Last edited:
Pole position ought to go to the best costume...for driver or car! Or goofiest-looking crew. Someone needs to dress their crew up as Japanese soldiers running around with radios and doing a bad lipsync, pointing at the sky and running in terror!!

Kudos to SNorton for the themed races! Way to spice up the joint!

I did some research on these characters and discovered that Hedora is also known as the "Smog Monster". As the All-Honda team will be Team Hedorah, I think this might be a bad omen for those of us who race Hondas and Acuras. :( (edit: I see that Colin already noted this. Once again, I'm a day late and a dollar short!)

In related news, the All-Mazda team will be Team Mothra. Mothra is also known as "The Thing" and is kind of a moth with superpowers. This is useful info to know as, like moths, Miata and RX-7 drivers are easily distracted by shiny objects. ;)

Godzilla...what can I say about Godzilla that EVRYBODY doesn't already know. He's the King! As Team Godzilla will include Steve's fire-breathing (or spitting?) Subaru STI, it's only fitting. :eek:

Mike you have the theme down exactly. Disappointed it took you so long though...:tongue:
At least your doing it wrong consistantly.....
Although Steve's Clinton's car was my inspiration..Don't forget the RX7 turbos flame breathers and Scott Morton's car...

Oh no, they say he's got to go
Go go Godzilla, yeah
Oh no, there goes Tokyo
Go go Godzilla, yeah

Some of you better check with the Chumpcar sites so you don't steal anybodies schtick.
Race Theme is one thing, goofyness on your car while on track is another. I would discourage the second.

Chumpcar has the sthtick already, so let them keep it.

You might just re-position it to the passenger side for some opposing ballast, in case Scott needs a ride, or...

Attachments

• car-toilet.jpg
    car-toilet.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:
The Japanese don't seem quite as passionate about their racing as the Germans were!

Or maybe their cars aren't as reliable?

;)

Not wearing out/breaking stuff in the middle of a 3-week/3-race blitz is also a consideration.
Maybe we're just more contemplative... :)

Anata no monsutā o mamoru hitsuyō ga arimasu! Anata wa Nippon o mamoru tame ni monsutā o tasukenakereba naranai!
Anata wa watashi ga anata no ie ni ninja o sōshin suru koto wa nai rēsu o nyūryoku ****e kudasai!

あなたのモンスターを守る必要があります あなたは日本を守るためにモンスターを助けなければならない
あなたは私があなたの家に忍者を送信することはないレースを入力してください

You must defend your Monster! You must help your Monster defend Japan!
You must enter race do not make me send Ninja to your house!

Last edited:
I would love to enter this race but the time schedule might be a little tight. This weekend will be my third Novice Race and upgrade weekend so I will be running Group 7 and I don't think I will make the grid in time after coming in for fuel and safety checks. It would be awesome though to have the two Blue STI's racing against each other :)

Or maybe their cars aren't as reliable?

;)

Instinctually I wanted to say "no way in hell" but when looking at it, several Japanese cars had a very rough time at Portland, including mine.

Also, it's a month away and most people don't sign up on Motorsports reg until the last possible moment anyway.

However, with the Germans functioning like a well trained, uniform army all functioning toward the same goal, we witnessed a large scale blitzkrieg, if you will, of early entries for the German Challenge.

With the JTCC, we might all register at once, in the final hour when nobody sees us coming.

Maybe Formula V should be the special race??

13 are already registered ... 9 of them from BC! Way to go, fellow Canucks, wahoo, that'll be fun to watch ... heck, even Uncle Al's coming down - how long has it been?

It's too damn long for sure Bonnie! They may get as many as 16 so I hear, which will be very cool to watch.

13 are already registered ... 9 of them from BC! Way to go, fellow Canucks, wahoo, that'll be fun to watch ... heck, even Uncle Al's coming down - how long has it been?

彼らはオープンホイールと日本されていません除きます
Karera wa ōpunhoīru to Nippon sa rete imasen nozokimasu
Except they are open wheel and not Japanese.

Am glad to see so many open wheels though. :)

Back