Going thru withdrawal..Need videos from Spokane

Oh I so hope there's lots of video out there from the new layout.
Still really choked that a $2 fuse in our truck wiped out our whole damned weekend.
So please post the exploits from the weekend so I can live voraciously through them.
Thanks guys.

I suppose Thomas will have spares in the truck from now on.

We missed you guys out there. Good to know that you made it back home safe.

Actually Ken I did have spares in the truck. When It died it felt like the fuel pump went so that was where I was concentrating. I did look at the fuse box, but with not knowing what the problem really was I wasnt going to start pulling out each and every fuse. The dealership wasnt able to fiqure out why the fuse went. It could have been just a bad fuse, or maybe something a little lose and shorting it out. Timewill tell.

And on Highway #2 to boot. And yes, our little foray to the side of the road brought a visit from the local constabulary.
Freakin' deja vu all over again.

Gary:

Great video!!

I have never seen a video of my car from behind.

I ended this session with a shredded right rear tire. I could not figured out why car would not turn very well. Notice how my back end fish-tailed through the turns. When I finally went through the scales my right rear was totally flat and shredded. Thank you for posting this video.

J.C. Cuevas

Great videos, Eric! That was an exciting battle between you and Mike. Congratulations on the overall win! I wish I'd been there for you to lap me too. I really like that g-force meter that you have mounted on your key, too. Excellent training tool!

>>Still really choked that a $2 fuse in our truck wiped out our whole damned weekend.<<

1. Tried to save you some salsa and ...................... you weren't there. My efforts failed late Saturday night. After Saturday night, it was all gone. Some of the Pro 3 drivers even considered pouring the salsa in their cars to make them go faster.

2. Spokane was not kind to me either; ................ AGAIN!!! I also had multiple failures and a burnt left shoulder after a $3.00 radiator vent line coupler failed and boiling water gushed out and on my back during the Sunday race. I experienced the humiliation of FOUR flat tows back to the paddock in one weekend.

3. We missed you guys. I am sorry your weekend was ruined.

"SOMETIMES YOU EAT CHICKEN AND SOMETIMES YOU EAT THE FEATHERS"

J.C.

P.S. Here is a video link from another racer taken from his car. I am the guy in front of him ............... until my rear right tire went flat and he eventually passed me. Notice my the back of my car doing the "the left turn mambo" with the tire going flat. I finished that race on Saturday but I shredded my right rear tire. Check the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvZ58Wrprk0

Last edited:
JC,

All weekend, I had fantastic, albeit fleeting views of the back of every car on the grid!

Fortunately for you, my camera broke off my car before your incident on Sunday. :)

>>Fortunately for you, my camera broke off my car before your incident on Sunday.<<

Gary:

Although it was a very exasperating weekend of racing for me, I did manage to have a couple of fun sessions, however. I certainly enjoyed racing with all you guys. It was a good OW turnout.

Actually, I would have like to have seen how much liquid I lost during the race if ....................... your camera would have been able to capture my radiator failure.

My "Hero" camera also broke off at Mission last year. The coupling bracket on the camera case broke and the camera went flying off into the weeds. Fortunately one of the turn workers recovered it, bought another case from Armadillo Racing and amazingly, the darned thing still works great.

Are you coming to Seattle at the end of the month?

All the best;

J.C.

Lynn Thomas, There are a whole lot of us that were sad to hear that you guys had problems and not going to make it over to Spokane. But am glad it did not turn out to be too bad. but A $2.00 fuse? I know things are high in Monroe but that takes the cake. Two years ago coming home I toasted the motor on my truck and with the towing and new motor that was a $12,00o weekend. Best of luck and see you when we can.

JC,

That's the only video I have of your car. I was pretty much by myself most of the time.

Not sure of my next race, but this last weekend definitely inspired me to do more this year for sure, and Seattle is a good bet.

Gary

Back