Going thru withdrawal..Need videos from Spokane

What I want to know is who parked all those e30s on the front straight? I remember racing that day and I thought my car was moving...but watching this, I'm not so sure!

Randy-
Even in my best dreams I never went around that many cars. Even though it looked like a blast my favorite part is your g-load indicator aka your fire extinguisher handle. Question- as you exit turn 2 over the rise is the rear end getting loose causing the tires to spin?
DM

Just curious what your mindset is on a situation like this, Randy..

1) 'Gosh darn it, move the hell out of my way!! Hurry uuuup you slow ass bimmers, I thought you were supposed to handle really well, or whatever!!'

2) Meh.. Alright, no worries, I'll pass you right aboooout... now.

The car has a lot of performance no doubt, the tires are definitely the limiting factor. I do get wheelspin on the throttle over both rises after turn 2 if I don't modulate a little. Some data points for what it's worth, the car is 2900ish with me on the scales, 555 hp to the wheels, 10 inch wide wheels and Goodyear bias ply slicks, max speed that weekend was 174 mph on Friday on fresh tires. The new configuration didn't seem to slow down my max speed any.

It's pretty busy with traffic, but we ground pounders try to be as respectful as possible when it comes to overtaking. If possible, we'll wait until the time is good to have as little impact on their race as possible. It may be apparent later in the video when Joe and I are racing that we sort of suspend our race until we clear groups of cars. I could probably jam it in somewhere to force a pass, by that doens't seem to sportsmanlike to me, thankfully the other guys feel the same way.

The PRO-3 guys are very heads-up thankfully, and almost always give a point when they see you coming. I'm hopeful that we can coexist in Group 1 until they get so many cars that they pretty much need their own run group.

I too noticed the bit of wheespin, which is actually kind cool, but I was facinated with the little red lights that kept showing up after the little green ones.

Whenever most people get red lights on their dash IT'S NOT GOOD and doesn't end well. (lol)

Great vid though. I've been going through them all and damned there was some good racin'.

Looking forward to Seattle.

Here's some footage from the Saturday Group 4 race. Joe Manke and I had a good scrap for a few laps. Then Joe White, in his upgrade race from novice, schooled all of us in his Porsche Cup Car.

The wave I give is for debris, turns out I kicked up a large rock in T1 that knocked the splitter of Joe White's car (oops, sorry) and it was laying in the middle of the track.

In this video, this was the fourth race for these tires, and by the end of the race, 3 of the 4 were corded. It was a bit of a struggle for grip. I had nothing for Porsche in the turns, but my car handled great in the straights :)

FWIW Lynn, the shift lights progress to where they all blink, indicating redline; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fw8peyiUOk8

Last edited:
Back