3rd annual "Worker Appreciation Kart Enduro" info here

Dang! I've been so busy lately that I haven't been able to properly partake in the requisite smack-talkin' and team-bashing that normally takes place prior to this event. Now look at it! I'm late to the party.

I guess it won't matter much, seeing as how Team Eye Patch Racing plans to show with both barrels loaded for bear! Wait, can I spew such rhetoric? Or is that now verboten? Too bad, suckas! 3-pete! 3-pete!

You are in luck! Walker still has karts just for teams that bring two barrels. They have two-seat karts available so you can strap both barrels in for the race.

Dang! I've been so busy lately that I haven't been able to properly partake in the requisite smack-talkin' and team-bashing that normally takes place prior to this event. Now look at it! I'm late to the party.

I guess it won't matter much, seeing as how Team Eye Patch Racing plans to show with both barrels loaded for bear! Wait, can I spew such rhetoric? Or is that now verboten? Too bad, suckas! 3-pete! 3-pete!

Just wanted to note - Rubbin' is Racing and our incredible prodigy phenom RULE!

Team Eye Patch was successfuly demoted to Team Cabbage Patch. Finally!

Great racing to all, and thanks for taking the great opportunity to contribute to the worker fund - another great year and a welcome chance to see racing friends in what has already been a trying Winter.

Thanks to all involved for a great Saturday event. We had some great battles all day long and it was a good fight over the last two hours to get our team (BS) up to second. I bet a lot of folks will be feeling stiff tomorrow morning!

Had a great time today... though the drive back to Portland in the hard rain was a not the most fun!

On behalf of the Mayor Apparel All-Stars, I'd like to express my thanks to those that made this event possible. Although the team didn't do as well as hoped, I think we all had a good time.

And special thanks to Kyle Keenan for providing the team with blinging Mayor Apparel t-shirts. We may not have been the fastest, but without a doubt we were the best looking! :D

On behalf of the workers, I wanted to thank everyone involved with yesterdays event. It was a blast. We had a lot of fun, and the worker team finnished what I thought was a very respectable 7th, well respectable for us ( yes we were seventh.......).

I specifically wanted to thank Team Legends of the Fall for being highest bidders for the pole position, the money which went to offset the worker teams entry fee. I also wanted to thank the Ground Pounder Drivers Association for making up the difference allowing the worker team to run for free. Completely unexpected but knowing you guys not really. Thanks.

And the drive north in that monsoon wasnt any better than the drive south.

Team blind eye patch, don't take it too hard. Rubbin it in Racing truly had a ringer, read about her here. Now we call all say we remember when.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...fifteen-year-old-jessica-dana-in-karting-race

I see you're up early Rod. Or were you not able to sleep last night knowing you bought your victory? :)

Seriously though, she was fun to watch. Not dramatically quicker than others out there, but consistent. And how many of us could have run for two hours straight?

And what a great battle for second there at the end! Did we really have four teams on the same lap after six hours?

Scott gets a little catty when he loses ;-)

We merely came up short a driver due to illness, and a last minute replacement was found. We all had 2s and 1s in our stints, so for instance, mine was 21 minutes. Jessica happened to accidentally run one two hour stint and one hour stint. See, 2s and 1s, kinda magic to it.

We just weren't paying attention to the clock I guess?

one ringer does not mean you win. it was your whole team just like ours (Team BS) . we hoped for no break down only had one and hoped we did not get any karts the were off the ave pace slow, we had 2 but we managed what we had, and drove hard all the way from 7th durring hour number 2 to 2nd for a very fun race. to our surprise our ringer was not our fastest driver but our driver that learned how to pass and drive fast first when the track was reversed and thats when we started making our charge to the front.

We ended up losing two to illness. I drove for 1hr and 45mins and felt decent! I had an absolute blast, thank you GPDA for such a fun event! Big thanks to Mike for letting me drive for his team, and Brad G for putting my girlfriend in the kart!

Looking forward to seeing pictures!!!

Team Salsa Loca did not meet its goal of being in last place. (Sorry JC, We really tried... PS I have a shirt for you). This sucks cause we really worked hard at getting crappy karts, being put into the wall, continually slowed by the faster drivers, and making more excuses than any other team.

Oh Well, there is always next year,,,, right?????

If so, we will be back again and more interested in doing worse and finishing in our proper place.

Special thanks to EVERYONE for being there, supporting our workers, the camaraderie, and being good sports when we T-Boned each other!!!

And what a great battle for second there at the end! Did we really have four teams on the same lap after six hours?

i know with 1 hour to go there were 3 teams on the same lap for 3rd,4th,5th spots.I think 2nd was 1 or 2 laps up. i know because i pitted from 3rd and we left the pits in 5th.

Salsa Loca Racing, I am sorry for stealing last place from you. I feel like our team name should have been "The Kart Killers". We lost about forty minutes thanks to five broken karts on the day. First off we had a fender fall off, then a kart that under steered straight into walls, followed by a right rear tire coming off. After a 30 minute deay we got back out there and were doing great only to have one kart loose power and run at idle speed and a little later had a kart completely shred a drive belt.

Big props to whoever finished for Martini Racing, you were putting on a clinic out there.

Thank you GPDA for putting this on and I hope another venue is found for next year. Maybe by then we'll have enough practice to give Salsa Loca a run for 12th place.

Back