3rd annual "Worker Appreciation Kart Enduro" info here

You can stay in the kart as long as you want. There are however stipulated stops for a given duration at a given interval, and I don't remember the exact details. But a person can run the whole race if they want.

Team Mazda Madness (MM) driver update:

1. Scott Faris
2. Mark Higinbotham
3. Fran DiMiceli
4. Karen Stimson
5. Christine Bush
6. Jon Ament

WT1's the only team with a Captain.

Let Anarchy reign!!

Anarchy.jpg

Worker Team 1 (WT1)
1. Adam Jacobsen-Team Captain
2. Thomas Liesner
3. Roger Salomon
4. Keith Robinson
5. Rob Jacobsen-Crew Chief
6. Lynn Rimmer-Logistics/support

So does this mean there will only be 3 drivers and 3 chiefs??? Are you all sure you don't work for the Government?? Though it is a little light on the supervisor to worker ratio it still fits with most budget cuts going on,,,,,

No it just means Randy can't cut and paste.

Worker Team 1 (WT1)
1. Adam Jacobsen (Cap.)
2. Thomas Liesner
3. Roger Salomon
4. Keith Robinson

Crew:
Rob Jacobsen (Crew Chief)
Lynn Rimmer (Support and Keeping Thomas inline)

********** BREAKING NEWS ***********

Thanks to a new and exciting sponsorship opportunity, TEAM DFL has now been renamed the "Mayor Apparel All-Stars". We'll have matching t-shirts so even if we don't win, at least we'll look cool!

Special thanks to Kyle Keenan of Mayor Apparel (http://www.mayorapparel.com) for making this possible!

********** BREAKING NEWS ***********

Thanks to a new and exciting sponsorship opportunity, TEAM DFL has now been renamed the "Mayor Apparel All-Stars". We'll have matching t-shirts so even if we don't win, at least we'll look cool!

Special thanks to Kyle Keenan of Mayor Apparel (http://www.mayorapparel.com) for making this possible!

Sorry Mike, You're team will never look as cool (or classy) as Martini Race Team and Olive Eating Society!

Canadians are cool!

A racer from north of the border that wishes to remain anonymous, that can't attend the kart enduro, has offered to match any donation or sum of donations directly to the worker fund totalling up to $100.

Regrettably, Worker Team #2 has had to withdraw.

Team 2 currently is made up of those of you looking for a team here on this thread. If you can't attend, need a name spelling correction, or have someone in mind for a sixth, please let me know.

Randy - Some updates to our team.
We have 7 drivers
1) Scott Norton
2) Steve Clinton
3) Jeff Fry
4) James McDonald
5) John McDermott
6) Nick Rice
7) Scott Haynes

All the boys and girls at Retro Racing are very sad that we can't make it this year. I know that I missed last year (work) and was looking forward to throwing up in my helmet along with my fellow Retro drivers.
All of our Projects are stacking up and time is getting short. We have three new cars to get on track, two others to paint (thats five total) and a rental fleet of cars to prep and organize (more on that later).
Our big project right now is helping an old friend with a bucket list. Our friend Steve is fighting for his life, so the least we can do is help him realize his dream of completing his tube frame GT3 mazda. It started as a bunch of tubes (15 years in the makeing) and about 10 bins of parts a month ago. Today, the frame is complete and painted, rear suspension is complete with brakes, cooler, fuel cell etc. Engine and trans are in, coolers mounted, dash complete, pedals in ..... Please follow along with the build at www.retroracingteam.com.
We have over a dozen people working in two seperate shops to complete this project in time for Steve to enjoy it. Terry and crew are sanding and painting, Barry and a small army are fabing, machining, cutting and welding like mad men. We are setting up a fund for Steve and his family on the Retro site.
Steve worked at Allan Autotech during my first years of racing. If it wasn't for him and Barry putting in long hours after there regular business day on my roadster, there is no way I would have ever found myself living the dream, racing cars.

Sorry to miss out on the fun, have a great time and hoist one for us at the post race party!

Jeff Remfert
Retro Racing Team

Jeff, you Kanucks are first class world citizens. Hats off and a bow to you all, you are doing the right thing at the right time.

Can I be a Canadian?

Rod

Are you single? And do you cook?

If the answer to both of those is "yes", then you can be a Canadian.

(and Jeff I too love what you guys are doing for your friend ... goodonya)

Once again the racing family humbles me with their willingness to give. Hats off from a former Canadian. You all inspired me today.
Thanks
Norm

Back