2010 tenative sched

Another possibility is making a move to double race weekends on two day weekends. Longer days probably, and some other hurdles to overcome, but how does six or seven weekends a season sound vs. 12 or 14 weekends?

I'm personally looking forward to the SCCBC trial, and if a workable format can be developed, having that as an option is a wise move, in my opinion. I'm not advocating a wholesale change to a long standing and proven format, just a look at a viable option that may be a good option where it is feasible.

For influx of new volunteers, I am on the road this month going to a couple of away from home general club meetings. I will be armed with, and have already emailed some clubs, with suggestions and an outline of what needs to be done to bring in new people.
It will take a concerted effort on the part of the clubs to follow through and make things happen. But if there ever was a drive on for new volunteers this should be the year.
We have a lot on our plate, BUT we have a lot to offer.

I strongly believe that it is each member club's responsability to support this endeavor. WThe long and the short of it is whether you are a driver or volunteer, we all need each other to have a race weekend.

This drive for recruiting is what ALL the drivers have been partly contributing to through the workers fund donations and the go-kart enduros. They make it possible for a lot of people to come play on weekends. To let them down is not an option.

As volunteers, we hear at each morning meeting, 'We need more people'. Well, they are either preaching to the choir or to the very people that can fix it with some help.

With spring and the start of driver trainings at the tracks, now is the time to get the word out there, for these are the perfect venues for training new people. (we might not scare as many, as doing trainiing under full race conditions)

Having said that, I will be seeing some of you sooner than you think.

Lynn Rimmer
ICSCC ROD Director

Last I heard, the inspector-type person SCCA sent out only approved ORP to be run in one direction (at the moment), which means that's the only direction Conference will run, too (again, for the moment). Can't remember which direction it was, though. :)

Back