2010 tenative sched

Turfer

Would someone please post up the tenative ICSCC 2010 schudule as of the fall meeting.

Cheers

R

I doubt that will happen Rick since it is tentative, and will be changed in January. I understand there are still some question marks, so it would be both tentative and incomplete.

Let me put it this way: The discussion about the schedule got so confusing, so quickly, that I stopped taking notes on it. There are quite a few questions to be answered before the Spring Meeting. OTOH, the Spring Meeing is early in January, as I recall, so there's not all that much time to wait.

Not to advertise the fact, but ORSCCA plopped their first event, a Drivers' School/Regional race on top of the ICSCC RATS meeting on March 6th. Also its last event, another three day Dbl. Regional on Oct. 8-10 @ PIR.

Lots of things have to be re-thunk (re-thank?)... re-evaluated.

Remember...Early detection can save lives.

This is the unofficial, unverified, incorrect, subject-to-change, prelimnary, unrevised, and just plain wrong schedule for next year:

April 24: PIR (or ORP)
May 1: PR
May 15: MRP
June 5: PIR
June 26: MRP
July 9: SRP (double race weekend)
July 24: ORP
August 31: PR
August 14: PIR
August 21: MRP
September 25: PR (or PIR)
October 9: ORP

As Steve pointed out, there's lots of uncertainty, double-bookings, incorrect information, and confusion. The schedule isn't settled yet, but I'm posting it because I know it's good to have even a sketch of an inkling of an idea, and trust that others will understand that it's probably incorrect and subject to change even if it did correctly reflect the current state of planning.

Thank you Mike, and 31 August is correct.

You See if you race in Group 4 with Mike you will soon learn what he meant, not what his car did :eek:

I for one am looking forward to racing with Mike and the Reptile car :D

John Rissberger
# 10 Camaro Oregon

Yeah, but if they move spokane to the following week that conflicts with the Nascar race in Portland. Spokane might be in the same position as last year, that if they try moving the date they conflict with another track somewhere.

PRO3 is negotiating and looks pretty solid to have a run group at the NASCAR Camping World race weekend next July. Just a little more reason to not schedule an ICSCC race that weekend (for those that do the scheduling).

More tentative (I hope) 2010 road race scheduling as of what I can find today, and always subject to change of course.

ORSCCA-

March 5-7 -- Driver School & Single Regional, with Chicane
April 17-18 -- Single Regional, with Chicane
May 7-9 -- Regional/National Combo, no Chicane
June 11-12-13 -- Rose Cup Double Regional, with Chicane
July 2-4 -- Double National, with Chicane
August 7-8 -- Single Regional, no Chicane
September 11-12 -- Single Regional, no Chicane
October 8-10 -- Double Regional, with Chicane
October 23-24 --Oregon Raceway Park, Grass Valley OR, co-sanctioned with NW Region

Chump Car- (somebody let slip something about a Chump Car race @ PIR in March, but no confirmation)

July 24-25 Spokane Raceway Park
Oct 30-31 Portland Int’l Raceway

HMSA-

July 9-11 PIR

SOVERN-

Sept 4-6 PIR

NWRSCCA-

Aug 24-25 @ Dbl. Reg. @ Bremerton
May 29-31 Dbl. Nat'l @ PR
Oct 23-24 @ ORP (co-sanction with ORSCCA)

Chump Car- (somebody let slip something about a Chump Car race @ PIR in March, but no confirmation)

July 24-25 Spokane Raceway Park
Oct 30-31 Portland Int’l Raceway

Chump Car official 2010 schedule is on their web site. NO March race at PIR. Rockingham and Pueblo Motorsports Park in March. Other 2 dates as above are accurate.

http://www.chumpcar.com/events.php

They are running the FIRST 24 hour race at VIR on April 3/4 since its rebirth. Using the south course which is a REALLY really great track if you can find a ride in the race. South course has all the tricky difficult parts without the LONG back straight (only use half of it).

E-mailed Chumpcar.
Reply "We were looking for a second date … however, the track's only opening was February 27-28. We felt that the weather was too much of an issue at that time of year. Right now… just Halloween 2010."

Adam Jacobsen
"Trunk Monkey" TPFD

ORSCCA and NWR are probably going to do something at ORP in Oct. Exactly what has yet to be determined, but some kinda Regional+ whatever. And no official word yet on whether CSCC is going to have an ICSCC race @ PIR in August, or something completely different.

Where ever your standing, there'll be a race near you soon.

Back