I race an American Sedan and that would be a rotten enduro car expense
wise, I need to find a team to be on. And that means driving someone
else's car, and incurring the potential expense if something bad happens
to it. I normally do not like to run an event where I don't already own
the car in case something bad happens to it. I'm sure there are others
out there that feel the same way.

The relay format overcomes that difficulty by putting the driver in
their own car.

I definitely enjoyed the long driving stint offered by the enduro.

Chumpcar/Lemons also overcomes that difficulty by making the car so cheap
that it is probably a don't care.

Last edited:
I have to wonder if this UK 'special' annual event has probably lasted for its 50+ years because no one has been successful at manipulating their proven formula, and morphing it into something beyond its original intent/concept.

No doubt it's been tried. That's the nature of things.

Last edited:
The US government has survived 230+ years, despite lots of people manipulating the formula. At any given time some people have agreed with the manipulation, and others, if they're in disagreement, probably see it as a departure from original intent/concept.

The world is what you make of it, or don't.

Yes, Randy, of course.

As said, "That is the nature of things." And an intelligent individual must recognize whether what is being made isn't a mess for somebody else to deal with. Because when it's all said and done, the trailers just get packed back up, and taken home.

Endurance racing, as described above for all of it's wonderful attributes represents increased burdens on the racing teams, but also on the operational, and support capacity of the club that is providing for the event.

Every driver knows that when they press the machine too hard, it breaks down sooner than later.

Chump Car was a late scheduled, fluke of the Cosmic flow. It too, over-extended CSCC's capacities to provide services for successful execution of an endurance event. We knew that it would, going in, but I can think of no organization with the better qualifications, experience, and attitude suited for that successful execution than Cascade Sports Car Club.

It's really just another race event. Green flag go, checkered flag, done. The stuff in between is essentially the same operational flow. It was a truly unprecented accomplishment for CSCC, and PIR.

And let's all agree that the Cascade Endurance race still belongs to Cascade Sports Car Club, regardless of the rules set that they spec, or where they shop for their insurance.

So that's just a little something that is being made of it in these parts.

Last edited:
Back