What's the verdict on the Spokane track?

Sooo Ken I know you are kind of like me in that you do need to be watched, BUT booking a room at the jail? thats a little much eh? Try the Fed's across the street. HA HA

One other question: Is there a need/desire for people to park open trailers somewhere other than in their paddock spot and, if so, where might that be?

All

please be advised that per ICSCC review on Sunday track exit will be the same as the hot pit exit as shown on the SOVREN map

As for plenty of pit space I hope not..........we need more cars!

Finally ...... Eric and Darren if you are staying at the track you are more than welcome to spend the night in our trailer/living quarters or ...... we do have a spare double bed at the house !!! (actually 2) Just let me know. Looking forward to the bbq sauce and a big turn out by the 944 crowd.

Greg

This 944 will arrive Thursday with two others... Can't wait to test the new configuration compared to last year.

Steve,
It would help if you park your open ( non support trailer ) elsewhere. That will make fitting everyone in much easier. I will
be out there tomorrow night to try and help lay out the parking area. I am lucky we didn't try it tonight with the big thunderstorm that is passing through.

Mike

Greg, Darren won't be joining me for this trip as he will be attending a wedding here in town. My wife will be making the journey with me this time. Due to scheduling we won't be able to make it out til Friday afternoon but that is fine, we'll be just in time for dinner and the BBQ :D

If that poster is being hung up in area businesses to promote the race then honestly it is more than a little deceptive of what people paying $25 will really see at the track. A Formula 1 car and a factory BMW GTR? There are plenty of good looking cars in Conference to feature, and it would be more truthful.

If that poster is being hung up in area businesses to promote the race then honestly it is more than a little deceptive of what people paying $25 will really see at the track. A Formula 1 car and a factory BMW GTR? There are plenty of good looking cars in Conference to feature, and it would be more truthful.

In a bar in Spokane two days after the race:

Dude1: "Hey bro, didya go to the race this weekend? How was it?"

Dude2: "Ya man, I didn't see any Formula Uno cars. All I saw was a bunch of guys tooling around in Miatas."

Dude1: "Oh man, that's lame!"

Dude2: "Tell me about it. At least I saw a couple of CRXes. They were kewl!"

Dude1: "Sweet!"

Note: All said in light-hearted jest. I count Spec Miata drivers among the best of friends. :D

Last edited:

I recall that race announcement posters in the past usually had pictures of actual Conference race cars. Does the board of directors review and approve them before they are released? Or is it just whatever the host club comes up with?

I agree the poster for this race is misleading at best.

Not a good way to win the hearts and support of the uninitiated.

The Speed Channel is showing a nice 15-20 sec blurb, here locally, that shows REAL Conference cars. Good production too.

Back