Very, very tentative 2012 schedule (tentatively)

Hi Wes Happy Holidays. I would not say that any club, let alone SOVREN, 'lost' the 4th. If you look closer, SOVREN
has always had the first weekend of July, which, if you look closely at the calender, the 4th, as a date, is close to that
first weekend. look at 2005-Mon 2006-Tues 2007-Wed 2008-Fri 2009-Sat 2010-Sun 2011-Mon 2012-Wed 2013-Thur
2014-Fri. People have just gotten into the habit of calling the first weekend 'the 4th of July weekend'. Yea, it may not
be totally correct, but that is the way it has come out.

This year with the '4th' on Wed, SOVREN is still putting on the Historics the first weekend of July (June 29-July 1) with Portland Historics the following weekend.

Really? I was told they moved the historics at PR closer to the end of July, but if this is official then it is good news. I remember when IRDC had that July 4th week-end for a very long time, so I was sad to hear that Sovren had lost it.
Thanks,

U R welcome Wes. SOVREN schedule is posted on their web site at sovren.org. The only date that is not comfurmed at this time is the Mary Hill Hill climb, but it is believed that it will again be held on the first weekend of October.

Back