[Sold] Standard Formula Mazda

StarFMguy

Standard Formula Mazda, low-time sealed/legal engine, rhino-cased transaxle, double adjustable shocks, alum calipers, complete spare painted bodywork with nose & front wings, newer fuel cell, 8 extra wheels (+ 4 on car), 2 radio's & crew headset, alignment bars, some other spares. Pi data system. 1993 chassis that is in great shape & well taken care of. $19,000. (May sell for less with only 4 extra wheels and no extra bodywork or nose).

This is a nice, competitive car I just brought up from California that finished 6th at the 2014 Runoffs at Laguna. Engine was fresh then, only raced a few times since. Well maintained car.

Selfishly - I plan to only sell this car in the Northwest ! We are getting a great core group of FM's. We have at least 7 FM's in the area now, hope to have at least 4 or 5 show up to race locally at many races this year in ICSCC. These are fast, reliable, durable, low maintenance (for a race car) & FUN race cars. Parts are readily available from current manufacturer in Texas. The cars are very equal, with most items specified. They have sealed engines that last multiple seasons, from one builder (that lives near Medford OR) & great spec tires, etc., so you have to drive the crap out of them to win. ~185 HP & 1,150 pound car (1,350 after race with driver). You can turn 1:23's (record in the 1:21's) at Pacific, 1:17's (record in the 1:15's) at PIR. Woo Hoo !!!

Come join our group & show me how to do it !!!

Don't let the SCCA crap scare you, ICSCC is the place to race !!! We can also race with SOVREN !

Mel Kemper
text 2 5 3 3 0 7 5 7 6 9

Last edited:
Ok, here is my new killer deal: complete car with radios, Pi data system etc. (but with 4 extra wheels instead of 8, & no extra bodywork/nose or alignment bars) = $17,000. This is a pretty nice car. As noted, race with ICSCC, SCCA & SOVREN. (In SCCA only, we will race as FX but can have our own FM national championship at the Runoffs if we get 10 cars there, & we will...). Come race with us !!! There are at least 8 Formula Mazda's in the Northwest now, if we can get them all out... I can deliver to the Seattle or Portland areas. Text me !

Congrats Mel---another FM runner and proof 2020 season is on!

Dave B has my FL car for sale for someone looking for a very fast open wheel driver with more performance and no restrictions on where money is spent with spec motor and other Spec limitations. Dave can do maintenance and service to get someone out there to play

Very old rookies can run near the front with a lot less costs. $15k and what an experience.Was a

This car took me from my first Novice Race Weekend on my 71st Birthday to 2nd place overall in FM & FL in my Rookie season. even with this old fart, 1:48 at The Ridge. What an amazing Bucket List Experience this car has been! The Conference clubs and events at some of the best tracks in the US--Fantastic!

Best wishes for another great summer at the amazing NW Tracks. Thanks for all your help and instructions. Was a great challenge to try to keep you in sight at the events!--

Ralph Frum

Back