Spokane Video Thread

Watch the left foot on the clutch pedal.. last 2 clips show it best. It was a rev match for each gear change but he depresses the clutch twice so he's spinning up the tranny with the clutch engaged before depressing it again for the lower gear selection. (aka: double clutch)

According to Skip Barber there is only one rev match, Brake>Clutch In> Go to Neutral> Clutch Out> Rev Match (Blip)> Clutch In> Go to Lower Gear> Clutch Out. Because the tranny is in Neutral when you rev match everything is spinning at the right speed for the next gear. I practiced it for 3 days at Skip's school, never got the hang of it. It's required there because their training formula cars have no synchros. I can't do it fast enough, I find myself letting the clutch out (2nd time) too late and into the corner. Colin's dad has been doing this since before synchromesh was invented and I'd love to become that quick at it. Watch close from :12 to :13, play it frame by frame....all the movements are there, just super fast, in one second! Now I know why I called him Master Yoda at the races!:cool:

I think you should make this your profile pic:
rss.png

Ditto... Hey Gavin do you mind posting those on apexspeed as well on the Spokane thread? See if we can attract some more continentals for next year.

Done and still paying for it in fiberglass work

dm57.jpg

34g1.jpg

e2pz.jpg

But things are looking up and getting patched

msvj.jpg

hgla.jpg

and a good shot from the weekend

tg61.jpg

Adam and I thought we were going to have to pluck you off the bank, but you managed to limp away. Looking at the picture, I'm guessing you had to dump about 5 pounds of country side out of the car before you could start on the repairs. Certainly had the folk who saw it concerned. Glad its just fiberglass rather than bones being repaired.

Funny thing was I was going to continue but when I pulled back onto the track the floor of the car dragging on the pavement made a horrible noise.

Good thing I didn't continue though as the broken nose of the car folding under me at the end of the front straight could have been real bad.

Son #1, Evan York, had a great time at this event. While he raced in a couple groups and the enduro on Friday night, his most memorable experience was in Anthony Kalcounis' newly-powered (S54) E30 M3. While it still has a need for some fine-tuning in the handling department, it does move out!

http://youtu.be/o1m9Dx-lizY

I am sorry to inform you that the E30 M3 now needs more than some fine tuning.

http://youtu.be/k7kkVFnVYDY

Thanks for letting the cat out of the bag?

tis true, was introduced to the concrete walls at Castrol with the help of another car.

We are still peeling back the layers to determine where the good bits start and the bad bits end. 3 wheels, 2 subframes 2 suspension corners destroyed.

Back