Spokane County Raceways

SCR photos

Got out there a few days ago and was pretty impressed with the new layout. Lots of work to do prior to the SOVREN event though.

Attachments

• Looking S., counter flow.JPG
    Looking S., counter flow.JPG
    261.1 KB · Views: 338
  • SCR track 006.JPG
    SCR track 006.JPG
    288.7 KB · Views: 303
  • Looking S. counter flow.JPG
    Looking S. counter flow.JPG
    315.9 KB · Views: 310
  • South loop.JPG
    South loop.JPG
    256.6 KB · Views: 293
  • SCR track 004.JPG
    SCR track 004.JPG
    294.2 KB · Views: 300
Lawrence-
Thanks for the pic's. Yes, there is more work to be done but it has taken shape nicely. I'm going to miss the long straight but also can't wait to get on the new asphalt. I'm curious on how the paddock space will be arranged as I'm hoping for a large turnout. Mid July is coming up fast...
DM

I took a look yesterday and it was much better than I had envisioned it. Lots of cleanup work to do, and I'm also wondering where the paddock will be.

Paddock will probably be outside the 'hot' area....LOL! To me it looks as if they'll have to be over around by the circle track parking. Don't know for sure though.

Wow looks very good, actually a lot further along then I had "assumed" .

Great stuff, can't wait for the July race.

Anthony
Calgary, AB

Interesting.

Certainly hope/trust that the wall (photo right, driver's left) depicted in the first photo ("Looking S., counter flow") is somehow reconfigured when all is done and ready for racing. Not keen on facing a wall's end as it appears in that photo.

Thanks for posting these pictures.

Most of the paddock area looks to be still there, just needs to be separated from the circuit by some kind of barrier?

I agree with the sentiment about the concrete barrier. Driving at high rate of speed into end of concrete barrier --not so good.

We've already seen that problem at Mission, which has thankfully been redesigned (never should have been that way in the first place though)!

In looking at those pictures, Spokane is coming right along but, we never got to race there. :(

One thing bothers me. Is there anything (like tractor racking) that can be done about those HUGE rocks just off the racing surface?? I know at least on a formula car they would be very damaging.

But then they are trouble for sedans too. Never forget the day at Pacific when a GT-1 car came out of 3B as I was on my way down the course to collect a grapefruit sized rock. He didn't see it and I was off his line of sight to warn him. He passes over the rock and, it's GONE!!?? Next call on the radio is, he's rolled over at 5A. Seems the rock flew up and jammed his steering linkage!

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure that the wall 'sticking out' is one of the original front-straight walls, and will be be re-configured as the track is put back together. It looks as though there's still more to do, but good progress has been made.

That turn station looks kinda lonely.

James H. or Bryan W.- How's the progress on the latest renovation. Does it look like it will be ready for action for the June 3-5 Sovern weekend? Thanks again for keeping us up to speed.

James H. or Bryan W.- How's the progress on the latest renovation. Does it look like it will be ready for action for the June 3-5 Sovern weekend? Thanks again for keeping us up to speed.

It will be ready this weekend. I actually went and drove it today with my client in my M3 and it's smooth. The wall hasn't been moved yet but that is to happen today or tomorrow as soon as the weather clears up I'm told. Also they're not completely moving the way, just pushing some of those barriers back further so it's not in the drivers line.

I will take my borrowed GoPro out tomorrow night while I'm setting up for AutoX and take a video for everyone to see.

There might be a delay until tomorrow to get the video. I heard the motorcycles were out there today. I will try and see if any of those guys want to take the gopro around the track though. Otherwise, I will get a video tomorrow morning at AutoX and post it up later tomorrow.

I'm looking at some pretty good rates on airplane tickets to GEG right now. Where's that schedule, NWMS? I've got some plannin' to do.

Back