Pacific Raceways Turn 9 query

Couldn't agree more.

I'll revise my statement to say that it is not impossible to have a privately owned motorsports park in our metro area, with a secluded setting and excellent features, including fully segregated suitable racing surfaces. Not to mention a magnificent view.

Yeah, lots of unfulfilled promises in life to be sure. But, what I have in mind is indeed proving to be possible.

It's curious that the accepted reality of our sport in this region seems to preclude even allowing one's mind to consider that something very cool is possible.

Falling tree in the woods and all that, I guess it's a believe it when you see it kind of thing. Should be interesting.

I guess the biggest issue I would have with a "privately owned motorsports park" is the presumptively high cost of entry to Joe Racer. With other places of that type throughout the country, one has to shell out impressively large bucks to join a club in order to use the facility.

I guess the biggest issue I would have with a "privately owned motorsports park" is the presumptively high cost of entry to Joe Racer. With other places of that type throughout the country, one has to shell out impressively large bucks to join a club in order to use the facility.

That is true if you're 'buying in' to the club. On the other hand, once the mega-buck members are on board, they are looking for ways to reduce the on going maintenance and upkeep for the facility. With the exception of Lime Rock, most such facility's are 'available' for club racing at 'acceptable' cost levels.

The only typical restrictions are, you can't use the member locker rooms, showers, massage therapists, hair dryers or personal paddock spaces :)

It's curious that the accepted reality of our sport in this region seems to preclude even allowing one's mind to consider that something very cool is possible.

Randy, I dub thee- " Captain Cryptic! "

(no, if you wear tights, we'll still point and laugh and then move away...)

t

Back