Mission Labor Day Race Weekend?

First time racing up at Mission will be for this race weekend. Is there room for camping/overnighting at Mission. Facilities available after hours (restrooms, etc)?

Thanks.

You could try the Diamond Head Inn, which is just to the right instead of left at the main intersection that leads to the BW.
When the owner asks, "smokkee, no smokkee", just say no smokee!

Just read on another thread that sound limit got raised to 100 db for this event. That is really cool. Is there a vendor at the track that sells race gas,
or will I need to bring my own fuel? If I have to bring my own fuel, has anyone had any problems taking fuel across the border in either directtion?

There is no on-site fuel vendor, there is space for overnight camping. I'd suggest contacting the race chair or club president directly with specific questions regarding overnight camping.

Onsite camping works as follows:

If you are on the back row because your trailer is over 25', then there is usually room for a camper or motorhome as well. If your car is on paddock rows 2 or 3, then you will either have your under 25' trailer in the space with your car, or your under 25' camper or motorhome and no trailer in the space. If you are in row 1 or you cannot have your camper or motorhome in the paddock space, there is plenty of room East of the paddock and registration building. There are a number of other people camped over there every race weekend including many of our volunteers, so you will be in good company.

I'm not sure about fuel transport across the border, but as far as I know there are only restrictions on lead-based fuels.

Marc Ramsay
SCCBC Race Registrar

I've never had any problem taking fuel across the border.

Marc - is it possible to camp at the track Thursday night before the test day? Thanks.

Since there is a TnT on Friday, when will the Saturday-Monday racers be allowed in?

Since the TnT is put on by the club, I think you'll be allowed in as usual, but might be best to call the registrar and make sure! I've never had a problem getting in early on TnT days, except when it's a private track day by a different organization.

Just read on another thread that sound limit got raised to 100 db for this event. That is really cool. Is there a vendor at the track that sells race gas,
or will I need to bring my own fuel? If I have to bring my own fuel, has anyone had any problems taking fuel across the border in either directtion?

I go back and forth across the border with a 55 gallon drum all the time, not an issue. Bring your fuel with you, race fuel (or any fuel) up here here is very expensive.

CJ

There is a track rental on Thursday, but they will be done at 5:00 PM. The club has arranged for someone to be there all night so if you can camp out Thu night if you want.

Please sign the waiver when you get there.

The gates lock at 10:00 PM so be sure to be in before that or you'll be camped outside the gate for the night.

See you all next weekend!

Back