Mission Labor Day Race Weekend?

mariefjellanger

I just went on www.motorsportsreg.com to sign Lee up for the race(s) (and start scoping out paddock spots!)and I can't find it anywhere.

Anybody know when it will be posted and where I should look for paddocking information?

Thanks.

Marie Fjellanger

SCCBC has a regional race this weekend, they may be waiting until it is completed before opening the next race. The practice day is available for registration.

From motorsportreg.com:

Paved Paddock Spaces: To reserve a paved paddock space please indicate your top 4 preferences when registering online. They will be assigned in the order the entries are received. DO NOT request a paddock space if you have an Annual Reservation. If your entry is late or you do not indicate your choices, your pit assignment will be determined at registration from any remaining. Paddock space requests are only available prior to the race entry deadline.

I don't know where in the registration process you would select your spots. There is a paddock map available here http://www.sccbc.net/calendar/driver-information/paddock-map/ . Maybe someone from the SCCBC will provide more information.

When you register online for the weekend, as long as you do it before the entry deadline, you can request your top 4 preferences, unless your trailer is longer than 25 feet and then you can request a back row spot. You cannot specify which back row spot you get, but if you want to be near another competitor you can email the Registrar and make any specific requests as long as it is done before the Race Entry Deadline on Aug 25th.

The paddock map linked above does not show some of the new spots added onto the back row at the West end of tha paddock. We have more space than we did in the past and can accommodate more long trailers now.

Hope to see you all there!

Marc Ramsay
SCCBC Race Registrar

Why is Mission 3 day listed as a 2 day event in MotorSports.reg?

Sep 1 -2 Sports Car Club of BC Mission Raceway - Road Course

Can anyone provide a pointer to the supplemental regs for this event? Is the db limit still 95 db?
How do big V8 cars get down to that sound level?

It has been a LONG time since I ran at Mission, but back in the day the rules about where they measured sound were different. At the , ahem, mainland tracks it was a measured distance from the edge of the track where at Mission it was at the edge of the property. Has that changed?

Can anyone provide a pointer to the supplemental regs for this event? Is the db limit still 95 db?
How do big V8 cars get down to that sound level?

I run a SBF v8 but with side pipes, so I'm right at the 94/95 db limit, I have gotten close to being over 95 when it is cloudy (which is most of the time), but I have used various augers or vortex cones in the exhaust pipes to keep me below the 95 db.

Answered my own question - supps definitely say 50 feet off track in acceleration zone for sound. No way two of my four cars would make that limit and the third would be iffy ....

Tough requirement, definitely puts some risk in going up and not being able to make sound.

Events is still listed for only 2 days on MSR.

More worrisome is that MSR is asking for my Visa info, when I already have that info on file and used it a few days ago to register for PIR.
What's up with that?

Thanks for the link. I normally use firefox browser, and when I tried that link, it wouldn't bring up the supps, only the schedule. Out of curiousity, I tried using
Internet Explorer, and now can get ths supps as well. Don't know why it doesn't work with Firefox browser.

There was a mistake on my part with the set up on MSR which I have now corrected. It should now show as a 3 day event.

We now accept credit cards for payment on MSR and as such everyone is required to use a credit card to register (MSR's rules, not ours). However, it is stated in several locations that your card will not be charged and you will have the option of making a payment by another means at Registration on the race weekend, such as cash, check, debit, or another credit card. If you chose to leave the payment on the credit card you used to regsiter, it will be charged on Monday of the race weekend once we know you actually went out on track.

For the very rare occurrence where a driver does not have a credit card, the driver can contact me and make other arrangements to get registered without a credit card online.

The Supp Regs were just added to the driver info package yesterday. It wasn't an issue with one browser vs another.

Also, I believe that if you register for an event put on by one club, you will need to re-enter your credit card info in MSR if regsitering for an event with another club, as the CC info is registered for events with each specific club or event organizer.

If you have any specific registration questions, feel free to post them here or email me directly at registrar at sccbc dot net. I am traveling through the U.S. for the next 2 weeks with limited access to the Internet, but will check in here and my email when i can.

Regards,

Marc
SCCBC Race Registrar

Last edited:
There is the Best Western Plus Mission City Lodge Mission right across from the track and then there is a bunch of hotels in Abbotsford, but if I'm going to stay in Abbotsford I will usually pick the Sandman Inn Abbotsford , as it's new, all suites and under $100, and there are restaurants within walking distance.

Back