May 1st Conference at Pacific

The tax increases are coming, that white house guy says so......!

Yup, SSI is going up. Medicare Taxes are going up, INCOME taxes are going up. Taxes on gum, coke, bottled water (which WE buy a lot of) are going up. Bush tax cuts which EVERYBODY got are being eliminated.

That is ALL future pain that some of us worry about today, Colin. What's hurting most of us now is, Washington (DC and State) are spending Trillions of dollars to 'save' government jobs but NOTHING to get the basic economy moving. THAT is what most of us depend on to find extra dollars for racing!

IF Washington had simply 'lost' the same amount in income by declaring a 12 month income tax 'holiday', the economy would be BOOMING and we'd be in Portland!

Can we please leave politics out of this part of our lives? The race car is the one place where I can completely forget about the other issues of the world, for better or worse.

The race car is the one place where I can completely forget about the other issues of the world, for better or worse.

Not me! I'm totally into multi-tasking, especially on the track! ;)

In fact, this is my plan for the first race at PIR:

Saturday Practice session: Run a bunch of laps & find a way to reunite the epic 80's New Wave band "Flock of Seagulls"
Saturday Qual: Slightly faster laps, block any car that has the number 4 in its number, & figure out how to get the Euro-Spec Ford Fiesta to North American shores
Sunday Qual: Even faster laps, block any car that identifies the driver as a Seattle Seahawks fan (Go Steelers!), & figure out how to bring Burning Man to Seattle
Sunday Group 2 Race: Join forces with the CRX Mafia, lap Jeff Clark, blow up engine, & while sitting in my car at Turn 7 waiting to be towed back to the paddock, invent something cool like a modern version of the Pet Rock

Sleep well, fellas, I got it covered! :D

Back