Maximum grid size

I had pleasure of watching Mr. Blaylock finesse his way through the whole group at ORP last weekend. Fantastic drive, sir.

From the back to the front in what? 4-5 laps? One of the perks of the the Safety Station at the North Loop Bypass, and it looked like much fun.

It seems to me that, as I recollect, a car was 'maybe/almost gonna get' bumped was at a CSCC Enduro and a 53 or 54 car limit (maybe it was written in the supps?) was nearly broached, but somebody broke during the Friday, or Sat practice, and withdrew. So it all worked out. That may have been the first 12 hr. Check it.

The bigger issue I think is giving the newer or less experienced racers more consideration, AKA cars with Area stickers. They are in a heavily populated group, with some classes where the intensity level has grown to a point, that sometimes we may not make sufficient accommodations for their inexperience.

Randy,

I agree we need to be more aware of our fellow racers with the orange squares on their cars.

I have been asked a number of times by the novice drivers “what should I do when faster cars approach me”?
“I don’t want to get in there way”.

My answer has always been the same, do not slow down, and do not change your line, You have the line untill a car is at your side.
They will go around you and if they are on your 9 or 3 o’clock in a corner give them enough room so they can have 4 tires on the tarmac.

Seniors have the skills and are aware of cars around them.
Some times just by the way my car feels I know there is a car at my 5 or 7 o’clock or see a slight movement in our peripheral view of the mirrors.
A lot of your novice drivers are still learning these.

So yes I give the Orange squares an extra car length, and welcome them to group 4. home of the ground powders, American Sedan, and oh some of those cars with the air plane wing too.

Remember to turn left at turn # 1

John Rissberger
# 10 A/S Camaro Oregon

I had pleasure of watching Mr. Blaylock finesse his way through the whole group at ORP last weekend. Fantastic drive, sir.

From the back to the front in what? 4-5 laps? One of the perks of the the Safety Station at the North Loop Bypass, and it looked like much fun.

Yeah it was fun watching Randy work his way through the field, nice vantage point from turn 12.

On the checkered flag lap, Randy was exiting turn 11 closing in on 2 back markers. Rather than try and pass them in turn 12, Randy being Randy, slowed down significantly (looked almost half speed to me) and then stayed a ways behind them so as to get his checkered flag clear of other traffic. Turn 11 and myself where probably the only ones to see this and appreciate it.

As a sometimes starter, thanks Randy.

this is slightly off topic, but I had 2 novice drivers out on track at ORP....they LOVED that senior drivers came out and played with them.

Erc. M in the Volvo had a blast with morgan and eliot and felt like it as the most productive novice experience yet....I think that should be a standard for our novice program.

Extra large grids are self cleaning - are they not? Kinda like high school chemistry, you try to add too much salt to water and the excess settles to the bottom, or in the case of a race - settles off track in small lumps.
Seriously, I enjoy the heads up driving that large grids offer, even with the speed differentials in G1. Keeps you on your toes for sure and makes the time wiz by.

I remember something about keeping the mix stirred up, then it's possible to add more with less lumps, and sediment. Isn't that how you make a super-solution?

I was better at Physics.

Back