IRDC Marketing Idea - Time Trials/Time Attack during Driver Training Days?

"You need some hard numbers and signature committment"

It costs $10,400 per day to rent Seattle and there are additional cost on top of that of $4-5,000. Do the numbers and get the commitment. I don't know if you have noticed but we only have the track until 4:30 on Saturdays due to the drags.

Do you know why SCCA does not have regionals at Seattle and last year they canceled the Bremerton regional? Can't get the turn out and therefore no races. Not enough money generated to pay the freight. IRDC has to generates enough money to pay to race the next year, we don't have a head office in Topeka to borrow money from. I've seen 2-3 posts that indicated they want to do it.

It is always doable if you get enough people to volunteer to help put on the event and enough people that want to do it to pay the freight.

And I was so sure that I had a rather unusual attitude...:p

Maybe I'm becoming crustified after 25 seasons full of opportunities to participate in the support of so many different aspects of motorsports. I enjoy looking beyond the usual racing normalities from home, and experience courses from concrete canyons, to built it yesterday, tear it down Sunday night temporary circuits, and so many permanent road courses that lend me to travel beyond this Great Northwet. And I must have, by now, nurtured at least some unique perspectives on our great sport.

It has also been my subjective observations that I am not alone. And, in fact, know of many individuals, some within our own racing family here 'bouts, and afar that have taken advantage of those same many opportunities, with the exact same unique outcome in application and attitude.

Sometimes it's not that engrained sense of some club loyalty that brings out the necessary participation for any given event to be successful. Sometimes it's just about what experiences that people have realized, and enjoy as individuals, of those activities that create the common bond.

In my mind, not being "For" something, does not muster a requirement to set "Against" it. Sometimes I may simply not care enough to be more enthusiastic than sharing my personal observations.

Like the man said... FWIW to anyone.

And thank you for the offer Kyle, but my motivation for prose is often less consistent than an ICSCC sanctioned five minute warning. Is there really a such thing as an agent you can trust? Really?

Last edited:
Ken,

Actually there is an agent that is trustworthy, at least my Aunt has great trust in them after over 50 years in the music industry.

Hello All, A very interesting thread. The members of the SCCBC went through a similar discussion no too long ago.Should we expand into Time attack etc. to funnel more people into road racing. We as a club decided that with limited manpower , volunteers track time and such we would concentrate on what we do best, wheel to wheel road racing, and to try and do it better. Our driver schools are 2 1/2 day events that really give the student a taste of racing and the comitment involved. Our race days ,Conference and CACC regionals are jammed full of race groups that usually keeps the race chair twitching.
We do have local clubs and private businesses who do run track days and timed events other than w2w racing. Keeping a close working relationship with them has benefitted everyone with referals going both ways. We enjoy the Conference race experience and hope to see many of you at Mission this weekend.

R Stec
RDC chairman

I have been thinking of this for some time now.

How about a club put on a qualifying (Time trial) challange.

Possible format:
3 drivers from each of the 6 race groups representing each member club. Affiliat clubs could fill in when a certian club doesn't have 3 cars that fit in a group.

This puts 15 cars on track at a time.

Each session is 30 minutes, you add up the fastest lap from each club represented car and that accumlative time is the score for that club.

Total all groups and you have the winning club for what? maybe the "Piston Cup"

This could be an annual event that can rotate to each track in liue of the friday drivers training.

What do you think?

Back