IRDC Enduro Entry List

Richard,

IRDC will award trophies according to finishing position in CLASS. For additional details, see Section 18 of the Enduro Supplemental Regulations.

I'm an idiot when it comes to finding things on the internet. ( it took me 3 months to find this forum and site and four days to figure out how to register on it). I can't find supplemental endurance rules.

thanks, silicon valley flunky :)

thanks guys, I found it and read them. It brings out yet another issue with my car. FUELING. Cans over the wall and storage. It doesn't say specific how much fuel you can store behind the wall and how much you actually handle during a pit stop. It mentions 11 gallon dump cans. WE use 5 gallon fuel jugs. It takes 8 jugs per pit stop. The 25 hour supplemental rules is that you must have written permission to store fuel over the 35 gallon limit. I have that for the race as we have a comprehensive safety plan in place. Will I need a written permission from the race director for this race for the fuel rule?

thanks, richard

thanks guys, I found it and read them. It brings out yet another issue with my car. FUELING. Cans over the wall and storage. It doesn't say specific how much fuel you can store behind the wall and how much you actually handle during a pit stop. It mentions 11 gallon dump cans. WE use 5 gallon fuel jugs. It takes 8 jugs per pit stop. The 25 hour supplemental rules is that you must have written permission to store fuel over the 35 gallon limit. I have that for the race as we have a comprehensive safety plan in place. Will I need a written permission from the race director for this race for the fuel rule? thanks, richard

Richard,

In "E" classes you are ALLOWED two 11 gallon (maximum) jugs "over the wall" at one time during refueling. You can certainly use five gallon jugs but you are still allowed only 2 over the wall at a time.

So one guys dumps, then the other guy dumps while the 1st guy gets a fresh 5 gallon jug.

Notice if you have a REFUELING RIG, it can hold up to 65 gallons AND you are allowed to REFILL the rig between pit stops. So clearly, there isn't a 35 gallon limit on what you can have at the track. I cannot imagine what cars can run a 6 hour Enduro on 35 gallons let alone a 25 hour.

The amount of fuel you can put in the car during a pit stop is set by what your "class legal" fuel cell size is. I'm guessing if you start dumping 90 gallons in the car during a stop somebody will begin to ask questions.

Last edited:
Richard,

I don't have authority to decide, but I am aware of your unique fueling circumstance. Let me have a conversation with the stewards and I'll get back with you soon. Please send me a quick email message so I have your address, and we can correspond at length.

randyblaylock@comcast.net

Your so right!

BWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA. Now that's funny!

No kidding! This person told me why read the rules most every else does? I can just ask somebody, why do things twice. Actually told me this twice, once at Pacific and once at Apex. :D

We kid because we care.:smile:

Richard B,

There is a difference between having 65 gal in a fuel rig and having 8 - 5 gallon jugs sitting in the hot pits and the rig is self contained out of harm's way.. At a given time, my car will take one 40+ gallons and during that duration, up to 30 gallons could be in transit over the pit wall. This is common for the 25 ( NASA) for us. We re filling 2 tanks at the same time. Sorry, a type error, NASA is 25 gallons of fuel stored in the hot pits. You can picture the crew shagging these jugs around the car in a drill effect if you will.

Based on the facts that (1) the calendar says it's March; and (2) it was snowing this morning, it must then be Enduro time in Seattle!!

Which Washington State are you guys in??

It's 'almost' sunny here in Issaquah and 47 degrees F.

But I will be ironing my whites later today or in the morning.

Which Washington State are you guys in??

It's 'almost' sunny here in Issaquah and 47 degrees F.

But I will be ironing my whites later today or in the morning.

It was snowing pretty good here in the Harbor this morning; enough that there was some accumulation on cars as they drove down the street. Then in the time it has taken to write this response, it stopped, and the sun came out...then it started snowing again...with the sun shining...crimony!

It was snowing lightly here in Woodinville about 20 minutes ago. I guess it IS still technically winter.

Frank, did I miss the Saturday entry list update?

Richard B : I need to get the fuel thing cleared because it effects our pit strategy. I could the whole race with one pit stop but it would take the fun out of it! (wait, actually, we can!)

RM :)

Back