E30 buyer question

Jon and Carlo are good people and as you found, have an open-access shop so you can learn more about their cars and what works for you and what doesn't. They're a good local resource for e30 race parts and will often times have on the shelf something you need _today_ vs. having to wait for UPS or worse, having to spend an arm and a leg in shipping to get that vital part just prior to a race weekend!

Enjoy the build process. You'll know more about the e30 than you ever thought imaginable once you're done!

Question for you Pro3 guys. The heater core in my E30 is leaking like a sieve. Do you guys run your cars with the heating system intact or do you just pull it and duct hot air from the motor to the windscreen to defrost/defog? Just curious because if I can just ditch it rather than spend money on another heater core I'd rather put money into things that make me go quicker. ;)

The heater core has to stay put, but you can de-plumb it so no coolant lines come through the firewall. (1316.B.3.a)

Our team runs the operating heater core for the very reason you cited - defrost! It came in real handy in the last PIR enduro.

Well I tore into the interior this weekend. Stripped out everything except the headliner/sunroof..that will be next. I was able to get in and look at the heater core/piping and found the heater core is fine...the leak is from a bad heater control valve. So will be replacing that shortly. The car is in excellent shape. No rust to be found anywhere and no bodywork..all original paintwork. I'm feeling really good about the car. Was searching on-line for replacement heater control valve..run about $125 for a new one. Anybody no where I can pick up a used one in the Seattle area? If you have one lying around that you will be willing to part with let me know and I'll buy it off you.

Cheers!

Back