6 Hours of Pacific Raceways Enduro Roll Call

What happens when it snows? Does a guy run out with a snow plow just before the checker flag? Do you have special tires or spec chains? Are there chain monkeys in pit lane charging 200 bucks to put chains on your car? Will I have trouble going over the pass to get to the race? Maybe I should wait for better weather. GEE, I didn't realize there are so many questions to be answered.

RM

One other thing.....Does my car need a window net? I will need to know before I come up. RM

I assume questions about chain-monkey's etc. weren't too serious. If you need them you have to bring your own.

As for the window net.. YES. And the pre-grid crew looks for them for sure. If they miss it, some rules " retentive" corner worker will call it in.

Last edited:
The GTM is a center seat car, and for practical purposes it's not possible for the driver's arms to protrude from the window opening. The answer is maybe, but probably not, especially if the car has a current signed off 2010 logbook from your home sanctioning body. The thing to do would be to call the ICSCC tech official and have a discussion, and read the ICSCC Competition Regulations, and the supps for the enduro.

Here's the deal: SCCA requires a window net by rule. BUT they could not decide what side to put it on. NASA said can the window net and install bolster nets on each side of the seat head rest. Having both in the car at the same time compromises safety egress for the driver and safety crew assisting any type of escape. Our solution to the ordeal is to declare the car and English born and put the window net on the right side! Then it is out of the way of any type of safety compromise! SCCA did not think it was in the least bit funny. It is true that the window net (traditional to sedans) does not apply here as it is a center seat car(safety) and the only part of the arm that could posibly protrude out either window opening is the #1 finger! So our competitors don't get point bys, wave bys, I see you behind me waves, they just get the middle finger! Literally!
PS, I'm new here and just testing the temperature of humor!

See you at the races!

UPDATE: the official driver lineup for PDG is.. Rod Powell......(autographs will be signed only before the event)
Mike Holland, San Diego, CA. SCCA champ. Stockcar ace, 4 time GTM podium finisher

richard check us out at: PDG4.com

Yes, this is the first and only full race FFR GTM currently racing full competition in SCCA and NASA. It is specifically built for endurance racing! This year was our 3rd year competing in the 25 hour race.

Center seat, kinda like the Legends??
Don't they use arm restraints?

And as for the "PS, I am new here and just testing the temperature of humor" trust me, you are in safe hands with this twisted group.
(When we do however, get a little bit out of hand, our esteemed Website Guru gently nudges us back into line.)

Richard and the others,
Here is a quick history of the "World's only full race GTM".
Or first time ever on the track was the 2007 25 hour race. We ran as high as 6th overall and 3rd in class until a gearbox failure.

Second year, we ran 2 enduros and retired both times with gearbox failure. Ran the 25, finished 2nd in ES, 11th overall. but had a very good chance of winning, but alternator failure got us with 4 hours left.

Third year we decided to do SP, SU, and ES full time. Outt horse powered in SCCA by almost 400 HP, we managed to pull of a 2nd overall and a second in SU overall (giving up the championship to a fellow competitor when he terminally broke his car in practice and our crew fabricated and welded his car back on the track and cheered him on to win the SU championship). We won the WERC endurance ES championship. We were a perfect third place overall contender for most of the 25 in 2009 until 2 gearbox failures retired us with only 5 hours remaining.

2009 season brought a lot of development and advances (come by and see the brake bias project) with 31 races and 28 podium finishes. The car runs constistant times in the 25 using tires that had over 8 hours on them. The car carries the max fuel load of 44 gallons. The down force is great and fun to drive but the co-efficient drag is equal to a chevy blazer. We run stock corvette brake rotors and calipers and can out brake most all gt3 Porsche cup cars.

.... One of our drivers is a regular from your club. PDG4.com

With a machine like that, having a local driver with track knowledge your first time here will be a real asset.

Pacific Raceway is a challenging (throw back to the 70's) track. Several closing radius corners and 2 very tricky technical sections to figure out. That's in addition to about 130' elevation change that happens pretty quick both down and up. You WILL have a chance to use all that horsepower on the straight too. But you may not. With the 'bump' in T-1, terminal velocity's for most of our big bores, F5000's and Formula One cars are in the mid 150's due to T-1 which is a 'kink' near the end of the straight.

The Enduro is a 1 day event but, there's a Driver Training Day on Saturday before the race. I bet Randy knows if that day will include an 'open lapping' group (which it does on occasion). I'd suggest taking advantage of it if he says there is.

Last edited:
I mentioned my 2 drivers in a previous post. Isn't Rod one of you buddies or is he not fast enough? Maybe, I'll have to hold "tryouts' when I get up there!
Thanks for the Lapper application. I'll take advantage of that oppoertunity.

RM

GTM,

I don't know every driver in ICSCC racing but I certainly did NOT intend anything negative toward Rod Powell. He's an excellent choice and certainly has plenty of track knowledge at Pacific.

I'm guessing that Randy will post as to whether there's a lapping group with the Saturday Driver Training program.

Richard, no harm done just funin'! On Saturday, time permitting, I usually get some of the more experienced drivers at the track to become a " Guest Driver" on put a short story and bio on our website. It would be cool to get a local up there to give it a go and get feedback from him. This car is so fun to drive and lots of fun to share!

RM

Here is some video of our last outing at the 25. Featuring Rod Powell and a cast of others. You can get a feel for the car. ENJOY!

this link may not work.. try PDG4.com and then go to 25 hour videos and see Mike Holland video reduced format.

See you at the races, RM

Last edited:
Back