Kart enduro info here

No need for your 11 year old. According to what's written in the bathroom stalls a PR, you know all about deviation....

:tongue:

So, how much time do you spend reading bathroom stalls, Scott? And don't believe everything you read...I'm not your type. I can just imagine how crushing this public rejection can be to you, but it's time to move on and hit the bathroom again.
:)

-Bruce

So, how much time do you spend reading bathroom stalls, Scott? And don't believe everything you read...I'm not your type. I can just imagine how crushing this public rejection can be to you, but it's time to move on and hit the bathroom again.:)
-Bruce

I am crushed. Of course, probably not as crushed as you all will be when Team Eyepatch wins it all again this year.

And as for ballast, bring it on! My very quick flyweight Son is regularly beaten at Sykart by a 180 pounder. Sorry I don't recall the name of the kid that was super quick last year, but I remember him commenting that more weight would help him get traction in some of the corners. Some of you all should have plenty of traction. :)

In news completely unrelated to the dis'-fest, Team 12 has undergone a slight name change. You may refer to us collectively by our team name (please get the spelling correct), or individually as "Sir."

[Randy, I took the liberty of using my admin powers to make the change to the original post for you. I think you'll see why.]

Well, Steve, that's um, unique. Although it's still missing something. The team name ought to start with "Sport" in recognition of the members being ST drivers this year. So then we'll just refer to you collectively as, "STD".

Sound fair? I think so!

Rule Clarifications per e-mail from S.Norton

Below are questions asked by S. Norton, and my clarifications returned to him via e-mail:

1. Is there a grace period on going over the driving stint time limit?
2. What does the ballast consist of?
3. At driver change/fuel stop-Kart Switch will each team be allowed an team member to assist the driver swap?
4. Will pit boards be allowed for signaling drivers?
5. Will the exiting driver or assistant (if allowed) be able to push the exiting kart when allowed on track by the track marshal?

1. Because more than one driver is allowed in the pits at a time, there will be no grace period. When I have run endurance races, when we got to say the 40 min mark, our pit window would open, and we would look to come in. I would be surprised if many drivers decide to double stint, and even more surprised if drivers go a full 1.5 hour. This is more because of the size of the teams, and the limited length of the event (6 drivers per team doesn’t allow for a lot of double-stinting).

2. The ballast used are 10lbs plates like those on a dumbbell. There are brackets mounted low on either side of the chassis that can hold 30lbs each. Drivers will switch these plates from one kart to the other.

3. In a fuel stop (kart Switch), only the current driver will be allowed in the pit area. It will be up to them to move the weights on their own (if applicable), and buckle up. During a driver change stop, only the current driver, and the new driver will be allowed in the pit area. This is to reduce the number of bodies in the pit area, since more than one kart/team will be allowed in the pits at one time. These two drivers can assist each other in the pit stop.

4. Pit boards are allowed and encouraged. However, entering the pit area will not be allowed for safety reasons.

5. Exiting driver will not be allowed to push the new driver out of the pits, as there may be another team exiting behind, and pushing team member could be run into by the second kart.

---Mike Smith
Race Director
Apex Karting

I didn't attend last year's event, but I found the old thread and read that bit about registering online and all this other administrative stuff that needed to be done in advance of the race. Is there time for all that to happen morning-of or ...?

More Rules Clarifications

Here are my answers to a couple of questions via e-mail from B. Beachman and M. Delamare:

-No driver changes will be allowed during a kart change. These will need to take place during two different stops.

-The remote, or "stutter button" will not be in use, except for an incident that requires the entire field to either be slowed or stopped. It will not for any reason be used as a penalty.

-Clarification of the double stint rule in 2.1.2: No un belting is required. The 15 seconds will start once that driver has stopped in the front most part of the 'Driver Change Pit Area'.

-Hold time for driver changes is 30 sec and double stints are 15 sec. This is to provide a strategic advantage to being able to make less driver changes, or overall pit stops, as seen in all endurance races.

-Penalty for going over 45 minute stint: 1 lap for every minute over. This is strict because there are plenty of drivers per team, and with multiple karts allowed in the pits at once, no reason to skip or go over the max time. Remember, every driver per team must do at least 30min in the race.

Full rulebook can be found at: www.apexkarting.webs.com

---Mike Smith
Race Director
Apex Karting
M.Smith@ApexKarting.com
www.apexkarting.webs.com

Rules?

What have us Legends drivers got ourselves into? We thought this was a "fun" event. Now we hear there are rules???? What's with this no bumping to pass? Of course us Legends driver feel that our front bumper is just an extension of the leading drivers rear bumper. In case you haven't noticed our bumpers have huge magnets in them to help us stay very close but never touch the driver in front. We do feel we will be at a big disadvantage with this "manage your own fuel mileage" too. As was witnessed by many in August at PR we don't know how to manage fuel. We run 28 minutes max and then pull off at the next available corner worker station to run out of fuel. But I do like that you are giving us 15 MINUTES for a driver change. We're used to taking that amount of time to get out of our Legends cars. All that being said we are looking forward to being on track with some of the finest drivers in the Northwest. One last question.. Is the corner workers teams allowed to black flag us from their cart directly or must they pull off to safe area?
Norm Smith
Legends in our own minds if not in the fall.

Oh, man. Norm, you seriously cracked me up with that last post. :D (And I really, really needed it today.)

Randy, We need to make a couple of changes to our team. Please delete Keith VanDyne due to health reasons. (I.E. He's a pussy) Joking of course. Keith will be managing the team this year to make sure we stay highdrated and well fed and wake up each driver for their shift. Please add 2010 Legends National Race of Champions winner Bob Kronenberg and 10 time Oregon State Legends Driver of the Year Dennis Fromm to our team. As far as this misconception to how we got our team name? Some smarties have been calling me asking if it has to do with our antics on Saturday nights and "some" of our drivers maybe having one or two too many adult beverages and falling on their way back to their motor coaches. I take some offence to this. It's not us drivers. It's the wives and girlfriends that can't hold their liquor and fall. But what's a guy to do? They pay the bills and allow us to race. Now if I could only find another great one for myself.........

Natalie said she'll see you on the plane, and see who falls down (pussy). Oh, and is Bob the champion of the future or what? And I changed your team name.

There is a nice guy named Brandy Willie that is looking to run the race. Is anyone in need of a replacement driver, or does a team want to add a driver to further syndicate the entry fee?

Legends? One-lap Legends!

Norm -

That's fricken hilarious! We'll see you on track...as we lap you...continuously...over and over again...

There is a nice guy named Brandy Willie that is looking to run the race. Is anyone in need of a replacement driver, or does a team want to add a driver to further syndicate the entry fee?

Brandy is a friend of mine here in Oly, is getting out of the dirt bike race scene and transitioning to cars (just like me, as you get older you see the wisdom in that). Anyway, he is one hell of a rider, I expect that will transfer really well to conference racing (as well as Karting).

I would be willing to split a stint or two with him of my team concurs. What say you Bryce?

[The following is in reference to a post I deleted, NOT the one from Rod.]

I don't really edit posts here, and the built-in censorship settings are set pretty high, but... dude. That last one was maybe a leeetle over the top, ya know?

[The following is in reference to a post I deleted, NOT the one from Rod.]

I don't really edit posts here, and the built-in censorship settings are set pretty high, but... dude. That last one was maybe a leeetle over the top, ya know?

DUDE c'mon -- that was the best post I've seen on this site. I dunno if Curtis has seen that movie so many times he has the quote memorized or if he googled it .....

I'm a little frightened that that particular quote from the movie struck a particular chord with something from Curtis' past... Curtis is your photogness because of a mental block you have on the dark night in 1986?

Yeah, well, I was ALSO trying not to shame (real or otherwise) anyone by including their name, but I guess you took care of that. Whether it was funny or not was also beside the point.

Brandy is a friend of mine here in Oly, is getting out of the dirt bike race scene and transitioning to cars (just like me, as you get older you see the wisdom in that). Anyway, he is one hell of a rider, I expect that will transfer really well to conference racing (as well as Karting).

I would be willing to split a stint or two with him of my team concurs. What say you Bryce?

COOOOOL!! It took me a while but I figured out where everybody is at... Thanks Randy for posting for me and thanks a bunch Rod for the good faith. I'll try not to let you down...If you can get your team on board I'd be happy to take a stint...
If anything, I think I can get the kart around the track...

BW

I just thought it would be funny besides whats wrong with b-u-t-t-c-h-e-e-k-s everyone has'em. Plus Rod could pull of the Mike Honcho persona

Mr Adams: I will battle you with the entirety of my heart and you will probably lose. But maybe, just maybe. You might challenge me. The Beatles needed the Rolling Stones. Even Diane Sawyer needed Katie Couric. Will you be my Katie Couric?

Mr. Clinton: I googled and found this site: http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0415306/quotes I've only seen the movie three times!

Back