PRO3 to run as support race for NASCAR Camping World Series

Last year was really fun, I'm looking forward to the addition of our PRO3 guys this year. Should be a fun weekend. We've got an RV spot somewhere to watch from.

i seen a few tv ads so far but i didnt see any logo's beside the main event. havent heard it on the radio yet which i listen to it at work the entire day

i have seen the ad for the salute to the troops 125 2 times already watching the nascar race on tv that started about 30 mins ago

in Portland, has there been any advertising on TV, radio or newspapers to promote the event?

Lance,
Media ads have been pretty wide spread, TV/Newspaper/Radio and fairly consistent, should be a good turnout especially if the weather holds, Today's paper had a half page color add with the schedule posted. The pro3 logo is prominent.

july2010%20032.jpg

july2010%20033.jpg

SCRS is a vintage stock car group. At leat that's what the Flag Chief sez. Are you and Lynn coming down? Anyone else that you know of? They've got a "rally" schedule, we have time in the mornings for breakfast!

NASCAR is the traveling circus.

GASS is fun, with the SCRS to fill some 'nastolgic' day-dreams, but...

PRO 3 will be the real show (too bad they don't have races on Sat & Sun). 30+ cars on a course that most all are familiar with?

Yeah, baby. Bring it!

PRO 3 will be the real show (too bad they don't have races on Sat & Sun). huh ???????

I see Sat and Sun for PRO 3 RACES......or did you mean the actual Nascar races should have been both days? Or is there another schedule that we don't know about?

But me thinks the PRO 3's will be the crowd pleezzer.

PRO3's race on Saturday afternoon is a slightly shorter 32 minutes "qualifying" race that will set the grid for the Sunday PRO3 main event. Time is 4:18pm - 4:50pm on Sat.

PRO3 main event is 40 minutes. 12:20pm to 1:00pm on Sunday.

I see that the Vintage group will also have a race on late Saturday afternoon after the PRO3 Q Race.

The main NASCAR race Sunday afternoon should be pretty exciting. They trade a lot of sheet metal. there were 4 or 5 FCYs last year in that race.

Last edited:
Yes, my mistake, two times the fun, then.

There were a number of FCY last year because the NASCAR-W Pro-bees get tired turning left and right, putting on the brakes, and shifting all those gears every lap. After about 10 or 12 laps somebody would take T11 wide, put themselves in the dirt and try to softly 'thump' the T12 Drat-wall, and continue. Each time that would cause a FCY so that they could pit, get a drink, and rest up for the next 10 'pace' laps until the restart. Then the cycle would repeat itself.

They finally busted the bands, and I think that it took longer to repair than 'Control' liked, but it was getting closer to the end of the race and they quit smacking it. So exciting.-

**Yawn**

The 'rookies' in the GASS event are more entertaining.

I just hope our racers remember that the main event is 40+ minutes in length...which will require more fuel than they are used to putting in for a 30-minute Conference race...lol

There's been a heap-load of planning going into this thing and 98% of it has been handled by Lance Richert. He's an organizing maniac! Thanks for all the hard work on this Lance!

We've got our own Steward, former ICSCC Race Steward, Ken Hill, who will be policing our on-track abilities (or lack thereof). Bob Mearns, who has turned his car over to the capable hands of Manfred Duske for this event, will be our Tech Steward and making sure we're all Conference-compliant.

For us, this is basically a Conference event in that we're running ICSCC rules including ALL PRO3 rules. So no tire shenanigans; no stripping down the car below 2650#, etc. There are two exceptions to this: we have two ETA cars in our midst driven by Conference regulars Eric Blois and Tucker Sheppy. The ETA is the 2.7L version of the BMW 325 that came out just prior to the 325i being introduced (2.5L - PRO3 base). The ETA is a slower car and is underpowered when compared to the 325i set-up, and we've agreed to extend the invite to our ETA brethren for this event. The car is identical in appearance (in fact, there are a few ETA chassis in the PRO3 grid, but those have been converted to the 325i drivetrain), so from the stands, no one will notice. We had extended the invite to the Spec E30 racers down south as well, but no one chose to come play; those cars are at a lower prep level than PRO3 as well.

The latest PRO3 "swag" order came in and there are now even more crew shirts than before. I dare say we may even look professional!

See you all this weekend!

Back