Northwest Grand Prix at Spokane registration available now

Just registered for the 3 day...first time to Spokane...Curious as to how they handle the paddock and all. Will be coming with a 28' motor home and 20' enclosed. Are there any arrangements which must be made ahead of time like Mission or even ORP??

Thanks and I am praying for 80 deg weather...am I a big FOOL?

Bill

Having been there this last weeend, here is the setup for on site camping. NO WATER< NO POWER, bring with you. For those that have been there, the new fence is east-west from the road that goes to the office and by driver services to the west side of the property thru the 'old' turn 8 station. South of the fence towards the entrence is open area that will be marked out in spaces for your rigs. This includes the old turn 10 track and grid and hot pits. There is also parking on what is left of the grass from old turn 8 to the old hot pit entrance and the grass between turn 10 and the hot pits. SOVREN parked over 130 rigs and 20 RV's in grass and still had some room.

No hook ups are available on site like Dave mentioned , but there is water on site for those who like to tow over empty and fill up when they get here. I parked my RV on the grass behind where the new south turn is and we had plenty of room for more RV's. We did not use the upper grass/dirt section between turn 10 and the old hot pits. That area is still available to us. We also didn't need to use the paved area between the entry road and the old turn 8 area. We are allowed to use the the staging lane pavement and there were several rigs on it.

Correct Andy comes over with fuel.

It has been a long time since anyone has come over who is capable of mounting tires. there are local places to have this done

Can someone explain the Novice pricing for me? It's a little confusing.

1 or 2 Novice Races - $199 (First upgrade race: FREE)
Each additional race ONLY $100!

Does this mean you can do 1 or 2 races for $199 total or one race is $199 and the additional second race is $100 making it $300?

James,
It is $199 for two Novice races. IF you have completed your third with sign off and are able to upgrade at this event you get your upgrade race free . If you only needed one Novice race and are able to upgrade then one would be free the other an additional $100. This would allow any Novice in any stage of completion a cheap inexpensive way to finish out the weekend.

Someone correct me if I am wrong as I often am :)

$199 is a deal! Too bad I won't have a 3rd novice race completed such as life and can't complain about the $199 for 2 races deal.

That's right 199.00 for one novice race or 199.00 for two novice races

WE WANT NOVICES !!!!!!!! CLOSED WHEEL AND OPEN WHEEL

EVERYONE OF US HERE AT NWMS WAS A NOVICE AND WE REMEMBER HOW TOUGH IT IS TO GET THOSE RACES DONE AND MOVE ON UP

SO WE ARE DOING OUR BEST TO MAKE IT EASIER ON THE WALLET

DON'T FORGET NOVICES WILL ALSO GET TO PARTICIPATE PRO RATA IN ANY TOW MONEY DISTRIBUTION !!!!!!

If you plan on Andy to have fuel, you need to contact him about bringing it over. He brought around 250 gals. this last weekend and I heard he sold out on
late Sat night

Just an FYI, for those wanting to maybe run 93 Octane, there is one place in Spokane I know of. Mobil off of the Barker Exit on the corner of Sprague has 93 at normal 92 prices.

Believing and hoping the race will take place, when might we expect to see the schedule?

Thanks,
Jim Venable

As soon as I get it from NWMS. :p

I did send mail to their race chair earlier today, asking for them to send me the details so I can post them as soon as I hear the races are on (he said positively).

Back