Workers ChumpCar

kyle_nickels

"The Okie"
Drivers Challenge Here.

Micah has the car in his garage. He and Bret have been doing most of the work. Bottom line here is he needs CASH.

If all the drivers would donate even $5.00 they would have a good amount to do this. Come on drivers, give $5.00, $10.00 or whatever or give up your time. Afterall, the Workers give up their time for us.

If I need to give more I certainly will. This is an important project and a great way to say thank you to them.

Kyle "The Okie" Nickels
Driver of #9, Tweety!!

PS: Micah, I have a Kirky seat you can use if you can't find a better one, but I want it back to use in my other project.

Here is his latest email;
Ok ,the car is rolling, and in my garage.
We have had the first $120 doanted towards the car, and after oil,
filter, plug wires, and lug nuts, im outta cash.
Kyle donated a set of belts, a set of wheels, and a seat. Im not sure
if the seat will work. its a very l;ow back, and I simply dont feel
terribly safe in it........
I need more money to make the car run.
I spent the dfay yesterday scrubbing the car inside and out, and its
actually starting to look like a race car.
Friday is the Cascade drivers school, and I need some help getting it
ready by then. Im donating my labor day weekend to work on this thing,
and would really appreciate it if someone can make there way out here
and lend me a hand.....
Im only 20mins north of PIR. Not the 1.5hrs as some have complained
about... ...
Please, I need $$$$ (drivers) and help with labor (race workers).
I think ill head down to the SOVREN race today, since im once again
stuck. Call me this evening, or find me at the track.
360-887-5421

I have a Kirkey 16" seat (high back) that came out of a Spec Miata. I'll need it back, but you are free to borrow it if you'd like. I also have a I/O Port seat backbrace that you could use with the seat, if desired.

I can drop it off at PIR next weekend (Doernbecher race).

What car is it?

P.S. 16" Kirkey seat should fit most "big-boned" drivers.

Last edited:
I can help out tues-sunday anytime after 6 pm. I would help out with any labor. If you need parts I could try and see if my boss would donate some. Give me a call at work 8-5.
503-659-7444 ext 105

Any update on the car. I would like to come help. I notice the motor had no spark plugs in it. Was it stored this way? Whats been done?

I am resurecting this post to let all you drivers know where they stand.

The engine was no good (too long sitting in the weather I suppose).

They need help guys. Lets do this for them ok!!!

Contact Kim at 503-358-4933.

Here is the latest challenge from Joe Harlan:

One more update--
Received a text from Joe Harlan last night stating the following, "I will give $50 to a new engine... we need to get matching donations... use TopTech as the seed money."

I've shared this information with our previous donors (Jacqui Mincheff, Jeff Quick, Hans Pedersen, Kristine Craine & Joe Harlan).... If you know of anyone - I mean anyone - who would like to provide financial backing, please include that information in your ask.

~Kim

I can Help A little

Ok guys I want to help Im A long ways from the car but I can give A little cash.Who do I give it to I will be there for the enduro.
Thanks Scott Ahrens

THANKS SCOTT!!! I will be there as will Donna Adams, Julie Winslow, Micah, Scott Goodrich, Bret Beinerth, will probably be there, anyone of the worker crew will likely be there to accept your generosity.

I can't tell you all how important this is to the workers involved. I'd live to see them all post their comments on the forum, but email is the best way for most.

We as drivers NEED TO HELP!!! Come on folks, keep it going!!

Back