Worker housing for the Memorial Day ORP race weekend

robjacobsen

The Pros From Dover
For those workers that are lurking here, I've reserved the Moro house known as Breaking Wind Lodge for the Memorial Day weekend. If the bunkhouse by the track isn't your thing, let me know and I'll put you on the list. If the place doesn't fill with workers, we will throw the rest open to drivers. The house has three bedrooms with queen size beds and a single size hide-a-bed. It also has lots of room for air matresses on the floor. It also has two bathrooms. As in the past, we will be splitting the nightly cost between those that stay.

Hey Rob,

I tried to send a PM but it's disabled. Who should my friend contact about flagging for ORP during memorial weekend? Or is it already filled up?

Hey Rob,

I tried to send a PM but it's disabled. Who should my friend contact about flagging for ORP during memorial weekend? Or is it already filled up?

Russ Newhouse is TC's chief of flags. I imagine that contact info should be on the TC website. He doesn't have email to my knowledge.

Russ Newhouse has an Assistant Flag Chief in Ali Montomery who can be reached at flaggirl25@comcast.net. Also Cierra Newhouse, his daughter, can reach him at any time. Of course, I am super happy to act as a comm link. This one is going to be one heck of a good race. A good time will be had! Come on and come all.
Skip Yocom , TPFD
TC Race Chair
rampant53@gmail.com
503-655-3246

Just closed a deal for The Pavilion in Grass Valley where most evening meals and beverages will be provided by TC. The folks at Grass Valley and Team Continental have agreed to let marshals, crew, officials, all participants, as well as, drivers, etc. to camp inside the Pavilion for no cost on Saturday and Sunday nights. The only requirement is that you have registered with TC, have signed the normal Waiver and have a wrist band to display that you are a Participant at the event. This should lessen the expense issues. We have to clean up after ourselves (that means those who stay there) and maintain some semblance of decorum. This is camping you understand. Sleeping bags and such. There are bathrooms but are w/o showers. You will want to ensure that you are warm enough to be comfortable. Sounds like fun just like it was in the old days when I was just starting out. We used to cram about 20 people in a cheap motel room. Very intimate you know.

Additionally, Team Continental is also providing the Wild Winds Ranch (the infamous bunkhouse) for all four (4) nights. There may be a minimal charge which will depend largely on how many drivers contribute to, and how much, the Marshals and Race Officials funding on their entry forms. We hope to keep that cost well below $20 per night. Knowing the generosity of our drivers it may be free. We will see how things go. I will update you when we are closer to the event.

We need you. We want you. And, are inviting you to join in the fun. We have an expense reimbursement fund of about $5,000 from last year and the generosity of Randy Blaylock, the Conference officers and other driver donations. These should be lodging and fuel costs primarily. We have meals planned for morning, noon and night each day. Robert Waco, Bill Craine and Tim Jorgensen are already working on these in order to please the most discriminating of raceway appetites. Hope to see you there!
Skip Yocom
TC Race Chair

At this point, there are only three of us staying at the Breaking Wind Lodge. No other nibbles of interest. There is one bed left and a fair piece of floor space available. At this point, I'm throwing the offer open to any drivers or crew looking for a place to stay.

You're on the list Ryan. That fills the last bed. There is still floor space if anyone wants to get out of the wind, etc.

The price per night at the Wild Winds Ranch has dropped to $10 per person; thanks to the very nice contribution made by Mike Conatore;
our beloved ICSCC Chief Race Steward. The price could go even lower as we get closer to the event. Remember, we have an expense reimbursement program which could offset even this cost. The Grass Valley Pavilion is still open for indoor camping at no charge. Free is very good price and crew/drivers are also most welcome to join in on the fun. I am learning that there do exist a number of B&B deals available in the surrounds for about $65 a night as well. We plan to provide 3 meals a day to all race officials and marshals. Just trying to keep the costs down for you all. Come and play with us. It will be a good show for sure.
Skip Yocom
TC Race Chair

I haven't heard anything lately about worker housing - Is there still space available?

Hi Ray, the folks with certain knowledge are alreay out at ORP for the school today. Supposedly the big hall in town is available to camp in for free. The bunkhouse north of the track may have room, thought there may be a small fee.

Back