Who is running Kuhmo's??

tkolbo

Tyler Kolbo Group 5 #117
I am looking into some level of support from Kuhmo tires for our club racers. I would like to get some idea of how many of our club members are currently running, considered running or would run Kuhmo tires if the manufacurer could provide some support through discounts and/or a contigency program. I have made contact with Kuhmo rep and would like to provide him with as much interest as I can along with information about our conference.

Call me if you don't feel posting is your favorite thing to do. 253-312-1759

Tyler Kolbo

I've run Kumho's in the past for autocross and they were good tires. I would run the v710s instead of my current R6s if there was an economic incentive to do so.

If they stick like an R6/Goodyear/HankookC51 and they are priced better than the SM6 then it's a no brainer.

It's hard to argue with the value of the Hoosier SM6. In the 205/15 size it's the same size/treadwidth as a 225/15 Toyo Ra1. However, the C51's last roughly twice as long (competitively) than the R6 so even at a higher price point it's still a better value. I'd love to try a different tire this year! Last year I tried 5 different tire compounds and 4 different brands of brake pads. I like being able to test new things.

The SM6 at Frisby tire is $166/tire vs the regular R6 @ $230/tire. Both the Goodyear RS DOT and the Kumho (205/15 size) are $220/tire but are known to last much longer.

Last edited:
i ran them for 2 years and ill run them again if the price is right . 160 to 170 and contigency money. it will take a lot to get me away from BFGs R1s

I have been running them in the past also. I would probably run another tire like the SM6 but I am on weenie 13" wheels. Thanks for doing the leg work Tyler!!

Back