What's this about the PIR south paddock?

Steve Adams

Just this guy, ya know?
At PIR the first race will be interesting also because T/S will be in the north tower (S/F) and you will be pitted in the south club pits. [Emphasis mine] At least you won't have to worry about track crossings!

My first Novice race was from the south paddock, but that was a long time ago. What's going on? Experiment? Issues with the pro paddock? Simple change of pace?

Steve This is a one race event change. There is a rally schudled for Friday night in the north paddock and instead of cause a lot problems and headaces, it was recommanded/decided to use the South paddock. Also, drags were cancelled/moved for the weekend.

Bottom line, we will be in the South paddock AND NO DRAGS, NO CROSSING PROBLEMS

So is there more or less room in the South Paddock on a crowded weekend? I looked at the satellite image but since it's laid out differently I couldn't tell.

Lot's more if you use the grass. We used to use those for the Rose Cup Nationals due to the number of entries.

Paddock on the grass is fine in the summer, not so good in the spring when the ground is saturated. South Paddock has lots more slope to it that the North Paddock. We'll manage. Just make sure to keep the lanes open.

It will be good to operate out of the "South Park" again. And by May the weather may cooperate... I probably shouldn't have said that.

Cool! I'm excited to use the South Paddock again. Reminds me of my childhood climbing under the grandstands like monkey bars.

We use the south paddock for the PDX Historics every year. I prefer it to the pro pits. You do, however, need to map out your return route to your pit spot as you can sort of get lost on the way back in.

Point to remember. The timing is at S/F so don't lift until you are past the second loop. Another point is you may have a long lap and that will be (hopefully not an off track trip) because you came into the pits for a stop. I don't have a pit loop to work off of except for the enduro race. There will be a sign posted at the registration in the Rose Cup room with a phone number you may use to contact me. I will try to answer all questions. Please look at the practice, qualifying and race as soon as possible so we can make corrections. Thank you to a great bunch of racers we have in Conference.

Pretty familiar with location of power in the Pro paddock, but how about power availability in the south paddock? Have only had my motor home there once and that was on the grass during Rose Cup. Life's always easier if I can plug in!. Thanks

Bill-

South Paddock saying---have generator life is great. 90% of the south paddock does not have access to power. There is a couple of 15amp plugs on the lite poles behind the grand stands and maybe a 15amp plug from the restroom, but that is it.

South paddock is great, and this will take us older guys back quite a ways. The pro pits just don't have the same feel as the old set up, so this is very cool...

Add another throw back and use the Goodyear Tower from T&S along with the Turn 12 scoring loop. It definitely changes the way you approach qualifying laps.

R

Back