What happened to Thunderhill

duane_martinsen

Let's go racing
Just looking over the past years racing results and at least in 2003 Conference held races at Thunderhill. Has that been considered as a possible venue for the future? I realize it is a long haul but maybe a double points or double race weekend. Just thinking out loud...

Team Continental hosted ICSCC races down there a couple of times, but the cost and logistics were a big problem. Turnout did not cover the costs. It took lots of sponsorship to pull those races off at all.

THill was such a while ago. Team Continentals' first 'permanent' road course opportunity. What? Three times, they hosted ICSCC Championship races? Who's got the dates?

Attachments

• WorkerParade THill sm.JPG
    WorkerParade THill sm.JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 195
  • THill TStationsm.JPG
    THill TStationsm.JPG
    95.4 KB · Views: 204
  • Aeril THill sm.jpeg
    Aeril THill sm.jpeg
    89.6 KB · Views: 201
I know we were there at least 3 years, because I remember the Race Chairmen in no particular order...Greg Bell (2x?), Dan Heinrich and Steve Leonard.

We may have been there in 2000, because I remember we had the tagline "1st Ever, Best Ever". I know for sure we were there 2001, because the race was called 2001 A Race Odyysey. I think we were there from 2000 through 2003, so four races. It was awesome.

I was race chair in 2002, and I thought maybe there was a 2003? I didn't race much in 2003, so I know I didn't get there that year if we were there....

Back