What Class?

After reading the rules, I think I know the answer to this but.........
What class would a 2008 Porsche GT3 Cup Car fall into?
3.6l 4 valve motor, 6 speed sequential trnasmisison, original factory roll cage and fuel tank. Basically a complete factory original car.
SPO ?
I saw, the entry lists from this year, that somebody had entered a cup car in SPM but never ran. Probably an error?
Anybody know?
Rick

spm would be correct under 4L of displacement from my knowledge of the SP rule set. gt2 i think would also fit in. and depending on wheel power to weight you might be able to run ST

As per SCCA's GCR, only 1998-2005 Porsche Cup Cars are legal in GT2.
Would ICSCC follow that ruling or allow it in into GT2 anyway?
Who decides?
I hadn't considered SPM - I'm used to thinking of Porsches with turbos therefore SPO.
Thanks.

Last edited:
ICSCC generally follows the SCCA GCR for classing, providing there are references. Since the 2010 updated GCRs only cover up to MY 2005, the ICSCC Race Steward would need to be consulted for classing purposes for your 2008 Cup. Chances are that GT2 would be the GT class choice.

If you're looking for opportunities to race with ICSCC, SPM in Group 1 is suitable. For another race group, Group 4, either GT2 best case, GT1 worst case and not likely. Or, depending upon whether or not the GCRs reference your car at all in GT, you could possibly run in ITE in Group 4.

Here are the regional ITE rules, note #6 under "automobiles";

http://www.oregonscca.com/media-library/documents/roadrace/2010/ClassRules/2010 class rules ite.pdf

Rick, this car would be very well positioned in SPM, which runs cars with a displacement between 2 and 4 liters. I run this class with a BMW M3 and can say without reservation that you would run at the front.

Back