Tribute to mentor

CHRONOS

Bringing back scary cars
Mentor, the word seems small but to those they affected it means so much. I have been so wrapped up in my own world over the last few months I completely missed the passing of someone who helped me and countless others over the years.

Tom Thrash passed without my knowing at the June Sprints, I would have flown to his funeral at any cost. The controversy about what happened is irrelevent. When I first got into road racing with SCCA in the improved touring class he was always there to give advice and point me in the right direction, when I decided to move up to EP he from a thousand miles away would pick up the phone and help me out, he got me most of the key parts to make the switch. My last conversation involved either moving to GT class or sports racers as I knew he was making the move to GT3, he said my love for the old can am cars should make it a no brainer. Tom was a great human being, a friend to many, a father, a husband and a national champion, but to me , he was my mentor and will be missed more that words can describe. RIP old friend, I will carry the #67 until I park my last car..

Last edited:
Back