The Ridge Questions

Warren will not be at the Ridge due to a family conflict, which he is not happy about, but it can't be helped.

a friend wants to join me, not to volunteer, but to take pictures. it doesnt sound like the paddock would be ideal conditions for that. is there any other options open for photographers?

I am looking for a water source to fill the RV water tank close to the track. Want to avoid hauling down 400 lbs of water. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

Waaaahhhhh!

I just got an email saying IRDC hasn't been able to arrange a social for end of day Saturday! :( That's always one of the highlights of the weekend for me!! And how will the special race trophies be presented? It seems kinda sad that after the end of such a special first, we're all going to be going our separate ways before returning to the track the next day. Is there ANY way the tradition can be saved?

Bonnie, there will be a social but the food will be from all the same vendors that were there for the lunch. The gab fest will be starting immediately after the last group is done.
There just isn't the setup or time to do one for our traditional b-bque. It's only the food that has changed not the atmosphere.
See you there.

Any word on how the test n tune schedule might work? 3 Run groups? Maybe 4 run groups since many are learning the track for the first time? (15, 25, 25, 25)

With 14-15 open wheel cars and 75 closed wheel...we have a HUGE group coming friday - it could be really interesting.

Bonnie H. - The German Touring Car Challenge Special Race tropies will be presented at the Sunday Drivers meeting instead of Saturday evening - Everyone welcome!

Mike A. - Dave Bennitt coordinates the T&T and I have a request to him to respond to your question here.

I am looking for a water source to fill the RV water tank close to the track. Want to avoid hauling down 400 lbs of water. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

Depends on which direction you come from.
http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/Safety/RestAreas/dump_stations.htm

Lists all the stations by mile markers. There are also options for lat/long for your GPS and a map of the state with locations for rest areas and dump sites.
There is potable water in the last faucet at the end of the RV dump island. You provide the hose.

Thanks Bill. I did check that website. The closest southbound rest stop with a RV dump island is Seatac which is still a long way north.

Test n Tune at the Ridge

The IRDC Test n Tune will be divided into 4 groups. A for cars in Grp 1&4, B for all open wheel, C for Pro3 & D for grp 2&5. First car out at 9:00 am, day complete at 5:00 pm. 5 sessions for each group. Mandatory Drivers meeting at 8:30 am. Passing is open and the responsibility of each driver to keep it safe. This is a great chance to learn the track.

See you at the track,
Dave Bennitt TNT Director/ Steward

I just spoke with the nice lady at the Mason Co. Fairgrounds park, and she says only those that are staying there get to hook up. They shut down the dump station a couple years ago and the airport is going to take the property pretty soon, so the campground will be shut down when that happens.

http://www.rvdumps.com/dumpstations/washington might be some help. Almost any rest area should have a dump site and potable water.

This message approved by Ken, not Holly.

Back