The Ridge: A bored racer gathers no moss.

On another note (but really the same veiled promotion effort) while filming the progress yesterday at the site, I stumbled upon what is clearly a "skunk works" type of operation.

Chump car or Le Mons, can't tell from the spy photo, but methinks one of the dozer operators is working on our dime to get a car together when were not looking!

I'll keep you posted, most of the components look to be there, but it appears the engineers may not have done proper calcs to make it competitive.

RP

Attachments

• Le Mons Starter Kit resize 2.jpg
    Le Mons Starter Kit resize 2.jpg
    244.9 KB · Views: 292
A little paint, some duct tape and zip ties, and that thing could be ready for Chumpcar!

Thanks for posting Rod; the surroundings are really spectacular.

Great to see Rod.

Looks to me like you could improve your personal car (as shown in your sig) by pilfering a few of the trick parts out of that kit. I'm pretty sure I see a disk brake and caliper in that kit and even one would be a huge improvement to the equipment currently residing in the retro styled #94 stealth Renn-no ........

Actually Rick, most of those bits are parts I removed from the yeller car to lighten it up. I was running duel V8 power pack, but just could not get the power down, so I abandoned the idea.

Clearly, the dozer guy cleared out my garage. After the fire. Bright bulb, that one.

Rod -- Any updates?

EDIT: DOH! Just got onto the Ridge website and read the news. Now I feel like a jerk. Good luck with the house build and getting the track back on schedule.

Last edited:
Actually in the current track condition an air over hydraulic 2CV would be a fitting race car!
Add a turbo maybe.

Back