The Rain in Mission falls Mainly by the Fraiser

A TV show starring Kelsey Grammer set in Seattle? Perhaps Toby was referring to the Fraser River, which is just on the other side of the trees when you drive down the back side of the course. If you are particularly daring you can look over your right shoulder as you hit the apex at T7 and look down the path behind the turn station to see the river. I personally wouldn't recommend this though :rolleyes:

According to a CBC news report I saw, the native americans are upset with the sport fishermen going after Salmon on the Fraser River near Mission. So far, there's just BB gun pellets being exchanged which has brought out an over whelming load of Mounties to the river in that area.

I'd stick to the race track and avoid the river :) Or at least, leave your fishing pole in the truck!

River? I thought that was Pruedo Bay? Did I mention how much I hate the rain before? I would rather catch Javlins on a sunday! Ask Karen Stinson, I sold her my rains swearing I would never need them again.

awww, i can't spell. And i can't edit the title to cover my ignorance.

not very good at rain racing, either. Gawd, that was a monsoon...

lots of fun, though, all weekend- thanks to SCCBC and everyone who sat out in the
wet watching us slide around!

t

Last edited:
So Toby, if you would have had a good set of intermediates, would they have been the ones that you chewed the inside sidewalls up on???
Correct me if I am wrong......"Chateau Bozo"???? What's the name of IRDC's special award again?
It was good to see you out there though.

PS: Thanks for the duct tape....I didn't loose as much hair as I thought I would.

Headset.....hair....duct tape (tape spacer to headset to make large headset fit short head.)
Usually that doesn't end well.
I came away relatively unscathed and most follicles intact. I will need more of Toby's Tape.

(You can bite me on the weekend Kenny.)

Great fun in the rain

Thanks to all of you that came up for the weekend, and particularly the Hills, Steve Shaeffer, and the rest of the Pro3 guys who extended Robert and I a great deal of hospitality, and made us feel like we belonged. The Bimmers with all of their mass and seemingly the wrong wheels providing the propulsion were somewhat confusing to us Canadian Honda drivers and we thank you all for not laughing at us when we were close at hand. Special mention has to go to Mr. Sleepy, who missed the driver's meeting but lit the after-burners on his Pro3, and put on an absolute driver's clinic in the Group 1 race on Monday coming from the very back of the field - amazing stuff.

Thanks for everything - I have the feeling I'll be back...

Martin
PS: Apparently Mike McAleenan could see this time around, because his M3 was flying in the rain - holy crap that thing must be a handful.

Glad you had the chance to come run with us Martin! You and Robert both made a stellar showing in the Group 5 race. Nice work in the slop! We'd be pleased to have you in our camp again.

I happen to know of two Pro3 cars presently on the 'for sale' market...you know; just in case you were interested...just looking, of course...

Back