The 6 Heuers of Kartrrera PanOlympia

Just keeping the dust knocked off!

Hey Tony, if your not working Saturday roll up to Pacific Raceways and check out the test n tune.

Might be fun, might be a bore, you never know. I will probably have the stock car out that day.

RP

I think the Test N Tune starts at nine (anyone else clarify?) but the cars really won't get rolling (meaning up to speed)till about 11:00 I would guess. Half hour stints I understand, alternating between street cars and race cars.

This is highly weather dependent for me, so if it rains I cannot attend (I run slicks which are completely useless in the rain).

If you can make it, great, but I expect the turnout will be pretty light. You can at least have a look around the track a bit.

Rod

I think the Test N Tune starts at nine (anyone else clarify?) but the cars really won't get rolling (meaning up to speed)till about 11:00 I would guess. Half hour stints I understand, alternating between street cars and race cars.

This is highly weather dependent for me, so if it rains I cannot attend (I run slicks which are completely useless in the rain).

If you can make it, great, but I expect the turnout will be pretty light. You can at least have a look around the track a bit.

Rod

If you are talking about the IRDC lapping day / Drivers School it is on Saturday March 7th.
Cars run from 9:30am till 4:30 pm.
Schedule below.

Tony I will be out there all weekend come by and say Hi.
Look for the beater truck with an okay camper parked in front of the car in my sig picture. I will have my Ez Up if you need to get out of the rain. My car will run rain or shine since I have sudo rain tires. That and I don't have 450+ Hp to try to get to the ground on slicks. :p
I will be parked someplace near Rod/Dave if they are there.

Saturday Schedule
7:15a – 7:50a Registration
7:50a – 8:00a Proceed to Driver Services
8:00a – 9:20a Track Orientation
8:20a– 8:45a Instructor meeting at Driver Services
9:00a– 9:10a Lapping Group Meeting at Driver Services
9:30a– 10:00a Group 1 - Track Orientation laps 3-N-4.
Group 2 - Grandstands – Observation
10:00a–10:30a Lapping Group – 1st session
Group 1- Grandstands – Observation
10:30a–11:00a Group 2 Track Orientation laps 3-N-4
11:00a–11:30a Group 1 on course
11:30a–12:00p Lapping Group - 2nd session
12:00 – 12:30p Group 2 on course.
12:30p– 1:00p **** LUNCH****
1:00p – 1:30p Group 1 on course
Group 2 assemble at Drivers Services.
1:30p – 2:00p Group 2 on course
Group 1 assemble at Drivers Services
2:00p – 2:30p Lapping Group - 3rd session
2:30p – 3:00p Group 1 on course
3:00p – 3:30p Group 2 on course
***ALL STUDENTS TO DRIVERS SERVICES FOR MEETING***
3:30p – 4:00p Lapping Group - 4th session & Instructors session
4:00p – 4:20p Mock Start
4:20p – 4:50p Instructor Group Lapping
4:50p – 5:00p Track Clean-up –
Volunteers are Welcome & Appreciated

Scott, I think Rod is referring to the Proformance T&T tomorrow the 28th, not our club week-end. Tony is supposed to be there on Saturday the 7th from what I understand.

I think the Test N Tune starts at nine (anyone else clarify?) but the cars really won't get rolling (meaning up to speed)till about 11:00 I would guess. Half hour stints I understand, alternating between street cars and race cars. Rod

Proformance operates under same engine noise and road track use restrictions as IRDC.. Cars on track for 1st group at 9AM. Street car sounds okay. Racing engines lite up at 9 AM.

Probably a manditory drivers meeting starts about 8 or 8:30. check your info pack

Last edited:
Looks now like possibility of some afternoon/evening rain. We'll hope it doesn't. I'll try to show up arpund 10 or so. Do you have a cell number I can get ahold of you on when I get to the track?

I will be at the IRDC lapping on the 7th. Plan is to be there all day with Rick, my buddy from Nebraska. He's the dirt track guy that drives the stock car and the 360 sprint car. We are looking forward getting to see some road racing. Neither of us have ever even been to a track before.

Thanks again for everything,
Tony

Back