Thanks

Wanted to say thank you to everyone envolved with getting me safely off the track Sunday during group 5 qualifiyng. I was not in the best place on track to have the car lock up and stop. Thanks again to all the volunteers and safety crews.

Terry Miller

Happy to be of service.

Terry,

Knowing that you are trapped by the traffic is no less of a comfort when you're forced to park it, on course, drivers' right, halfway around PIR's high speed blind banana straight, and then you look in your mirrors. And I say that having had more than one opportunity to do this from the seat of Safety.

We got a quick 'Black Flag All' as Safety was getting out to assess. My position this weekend left me to record some of the action, such as it was presented.

Adam "Trunk Monkey" Jacobsen shows his incident command stance...

and Safety with an attitude.

Get it fixed, and we'll see you at the PR.

Thanks for the pictures Ken. I got to experience first hand what it is like to be on track with cars whizzing by. A couple of cars coming very close to my car. Sitting there hoping nobody would run into the back of me. Because of a great crew, repairs were made and I made the race. If Mr. Jacobsen can stop traffic with that pose, I would like to employ him during my next race. Maybe have a picture of him that pops up in the back window right before someone wants to pass me.
Terry

Terry,
Where you ended up has got to be one of (if not the most) dangerous spots on the track. Line of sight around the bend put our eyes on the yellow flag opposite you before drivers' eyes moved across track to see you sitting in the middle of it. Not alot of time to adjust to a situation there, especially with other cars around. Bit of an "oh ****" moment to realize you were stopped.
Just goes to prove that we really need to be very aware and adjust our speeds when we see a yellow.

..... I got to experience first hand what it is like to be on track with cars whizzing by. A couple of cars coming very close to my car. Terry

Glad that went well for you :D

You got just a TINY bit of what it feels like for turn workers responding to a disabled car under local yellow. YES, cars whizzing by "very close'.

That's part of why there's so much emphasis put on 'respecting' the yellow flags when you see them. We don't have 1,500 to 3,000 pounds of steel around us or Kirkey seats and restraint systems. Just cotton or denim and a nylon flag :eek:

i remember coming to turn 7 and noticing Terry going very slow on exit at first i was thinking cool down lap but then he was getting to slow to be safe i focused back on turn 7 since i had not gotten to it yet and looked up track could not see him and i did not see any flags yet but i was very cautious and ran alot wider and slower then my normal to try and pick up where you were at as soon at i saw you crawling along i put my hand up and lightly flashed my brake lights at the cars behind me i think thats about when the flags were going up around me and i kept looking back as i was going slow the rest of the back stretch to watch the rest of the cars some coming closer then i would have liked and turning left on the back stretch. im glad everybody made it safe and that the car got back together to race.

Back